New concert, at the Vancouver Jazz Fest:
http://www.straight.com/blogra/650206/v ... achlan-and
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Re: Shows and concerts

Post by Karine » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:48 pm

A new concert:
The sweet sounds of Sarah McLachlan will be heard along the banks of the South Saskatchewan River this summer. McLachlan will be taking the stage at the Bessborough Gardens on July 20 for the Cameco Cares concert series.
http://globalnews.ca/news/2618118/sarah ... s-concert/
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:39 am

Guess who will see Sarah in concert in June? :D :D

I didn't know it, but she will be playing at the Ottawa Jazz Festival:
http://ottawajazzfestival.com/artists/sarah-mclachlan/
Karine

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:03 am

Have a good time! Let us know how it went. :)

I'm seeing Sarah & Josh Groban at Jones Beach in July. Will do VIP again! Hopefully she adds a solo date near NYC, preferably on my day off :D :D
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:17 pm

That's great Miguel!
We took "deluxe" tickets, but it's not similar to a VIP pass. We'll have better seats :)
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:43 pm

Sarah will be the entertainer during a cruise:
We have a fantastic entertainment lineup, too! We are thrilled to announce that Grammy Award-winning musician, singer, songwriter, pianist, animal rights activist – Sarah McLachlan – will headline your cruise with an intimate onboard performance while our ship is docked in San Francisco. Sarah, founder of the Lillith Fair (a concert tour showcasing female musicians), has gained a devoted following worldwide for nearly three decades. With her emotional ballads “I Will Remember You,” “Sweet Surrender,” and “Adia”, we are honored to welcome Sarah to the Olivia family of entertainers.
https://www.olivia.com/Travel/Trips_Pac ... ruise.aspx

The cruise will leave Vancouver on September 25, 2016 and visit these cities:
Vancouver, B.C.
Seattle, WA
Astoria, OR
San Francisco, CA
Santa Barbara, CA
San Diego, CA

Edit: interesting information: this company provides cruises for lesbians and many other artists played on their boat. https://www.olivia.com/Travel/calendarc ... livia.aspx
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:17 pm

The concert at the Ottawa Jazz Festival (June 25th, 2016) was fantastic, I loved it!

And here's the brand new Sarah song "The Long Goodbye"
https://youtu.be/30sHqSJ6OvM

My sister recorded it, I hope you like it! :)
Karine

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:52 pm

Hello Everybody,
I trust that you’re all fit and well?
I need some advice from someone who knows the eastern seaboard area. For my sins, I’ve been tasked to visit a potential customer somewhere north of Boston, MA on the 4th. August. It so happens That SMcL is in Westhampton on the 5th, I see that that’s on Long island. I was planning on going down from Logan International down to Westhampton to see her. According to Google that’s a 4 hour drive. However, I’m reliably informed that on a Friday, it’s going to be nearer 6 hours. If that’s correct then I’m not likely to get there to see her in time. So, what time scale should I be looking at, 4 hours, or, 6 hours??
Finally, the tickets are upwards of $300. Is that normal for a SMcL concert? It seems very expensive!
With the additional cost involved; hotel, car hire, ferry, fuel, change of flights etc it’s going to be upwards of $900 plus. I’m sure it’ll be worth every penny but still expensive.
Please let me know.

Quincy

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:56 am

I can't help you, I'm sorry. I have never been there. I believe this show is an intimate concert, that's why it's more expensive.
Karine

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:24 am

Quincy wrote:Hello Everybody,
I trust that you’re all fit and well?
I need some advice from someone who knows the eastern seaboard area. For my sins, I’ve been tasked to visit a potential customer somewhere north of Boston, MA on the 4th. August. It so happens That SMcL is in Westhampton on the 5th, I see that that’s on Long island. I was planning on going down from Logan International down to Westhampton to see her. According to Google that’s a 4 hour drive. However, I’m reliably informed that on a Friday, it’s going to be nearer 6 hours. If that’s correct then I’m not likely to get there to see her in time. So, what time scale should I be looking at, 4 hours, or, 6 hours??
Finally, the tickets are upwards of $300. Is that normal for a SMcL concert? It seems very expensive!
With the additional cost involved; hotel, car hire, ferry, fuel, change of flights etc it’s going to be upwards of $900 plus. I’m sure it’ll be worth every penny but still expensive.
Please let me know.

Quincy
Hi Quincy, If you're flying into NY from Boston, You could take a Southwest flight from Logan to Islip, Long Island (there is a connection ... didn't see anywhere else that had none). From there it's a 30 min. car/taxi ride into the venue

If you're driving, you're probably going to look at 6-8 hours...especially on a Friday + afternoon traffic

About the tickets, no those prices are not normal :lol:
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team