Shows and concerts

Check here for concert reviews and tour info
Miguel

Re: Shows and concerts

Post by Miguel » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:47 am

Thanks for the tip, Karine! Hopefully it's no so packed that I'll be able have a few minutes with her. It's less than 3 weeks away! I don't have a good seat but I'll try to manage to take some pictures :)
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:15 pm

I wish you a fantastic evening Miguel! :D
I hope your meeting with Sarah will be memorable and that you will enjoy the concert. You will probably hear one or two Christmas songs, it would be the perfect time of year for that :)
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:37 am

Miguel wrote:
Karine wrote:Were you aware that Sarah will do a few concerts in November and December? :shock:

http://www.sarahmclachlan.com/events/

When I checked on the web, I saw that some tickets will go on sale this week.
I am going to the Port Chester, NY show on December 5th!!! I also bought the VIP Meet & Greet pass!! :D :D :D

Finally, I am going to meet Sarah properly and hopefully get a picture, and talk to her for a bit. It's a very small venue so I got a balcony seat.

Since it's in December, maybe she might sing a Christmas song or two
You're the Man, Miquel! :D Have a great time! Hope you can get some video, too. 8-)
Ed

melashley

Post by melashley » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:09 pm

I attended last night's show in Niagara Falls, NY. I got the m&g also-I had my " Shine On" LP signed! I told her I've been a fan since 1994 and try to see her whenever she's here in Western NY/Ontario, Canada. She remembers the venue from1992 (N. Tonawanda, NY) with a revolving stage-I believe that was when she opened for Blue Rodeo during the Solace tour. I said I first saw her in 1994 at the Riviera Theatre-FTE tour. I'm happy to say that she is working on a new holiday LP! :-) The set list was almost the same as the recent shows during the Shine On tour. There were no Q&A's and no intermission. Luke Doucet and Melissa McClelland were playing, as well as Vincent Jones, Curt Bisquera, & Peter Stroud. Here it is, as best as I remember it:
1. In Your Shoes
2. Building a Mystery
3. Adia
4. Answer
5. Fallen
6. World on Fire
7. Loving You Is Easy
8. Monsters
9. *River*
10. Brink Of Destruction
11. I Will Remember You
12. Song For My Father
13. Hold On
14. Witness
15. Fumbling Towards Ecstasy
16.Fear
17. Sweet Surrender
18. Possession
19. Encore: Angel
20: Beautiful Girl
21. Ice Cream
22. The Sound That Love Makes
We took some pix-will post soon if they turn out OK. We were sitting on the left side on an all level floor. I think it was sold out :-). Sarah sounded amazing, as well as the whole band!
~Melanie
Last edited by melashley on Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:57 pm

Thank you for sharing this with us! I really like the setlist :)
Karine

melashley

Post by melashley » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:12 pm

You're welcome! :-) I'm still learning how to post pictures. Will try to soon!
~Melanie :P

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:09 pm

melashley wrote:I attended last night's show in Niagara Falls, NY. I got the m&g also-I had my " Shine On" LP signed! I told her I've been a fan since 1994 and try to see her whenever she's here in Western NY/Ontario, Canada. She remembers the venue from1992 (N. Tonawanda, NY) with a revolving stage-I believe that was when she opened for Blue Rodeo during the Solace tour. I said I first saw her in 1994 at the Riviera Theatre-FTE tour. I'm happy to say that she is working on a new holiday LP! :-) The set list was almost the same as the recent shows during the Shine On tour. There were no Q&A's and no intermission. Luke Doucet and Melissa McClelland were playing, as well as Vincent Jones, Curt Bisquera, & Peter Stroud. Here it is, as best as I remember it:
1. In Your Shoes
2. Building a Mystery
3. Adia
4. Answer
5. Fallen
6. World on Fire
7. Loving You Is Easy
8. Monsters
9. *River*
10. Brink Of Destruction
11. I Will Remember You
12. Song For My Father
13. Hold On
14. Witness
15. Fumbling Towards Ecstasy
16.Fear
17. Sweet Surrender
18. Possession
19. Encore: Angel
20: Beautiful Girl
21. Ice Cream
22. The Sound That Love Makes
We took some pix-will post soon if they turn out OK. We were sitting on the left side on an all level floor. I think it was sold out :-). Sarah sounded amazing, as well as the whole band!
~Melanie
I'm sure it was a great show! What was your favorite song in the show? Does she sound much different from when you saw her then? I saw her last year, but that was the first time for me. :)
Ed

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:59 am

Melanie - glad your m&g went well. You go far back! :D :D I am looking forward to mine at Port Chester this Saturday....first time ever meeting her. I am taking my Afterglow litograph poster so she can sign ( I've had it hanging on my wall for years)

Set list looks similar from this year and last, but should be a great show. It's too bad she's not doing the "Living room" Q&A for this mini-tour. The one in Brooklyn this year was a little disappointing, everyone seemed awed by her that they didn't ask her anything! Just mostly selfies and hugs

That is great news about the Holiday LP. Hopefully it comes out in the next few years. Love that she's keeping busy in between studio albums

lovebesideme

Post by lovebesideme » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:56 pm

Haven't been here in awhile but thought I'd stop in. I've been a fan since late 1994 and have seen her so many times that I wonder if she thinks I stalk her lol. I saw her in a small theater in NJ on Tuesday that just captured the musicality so well.This time there was something different about her voice. She was the best I have ever heard her. The note she held during The River and Possession was just a thing of beauty. She gives the young pop stars a run for their money. I believe she added two songs to the set Melanie posted. She sang Elsewhere, I wish Love Beside Me came back. I am seeing her Saturday and I know my friend Miguel is going to have an amazing meet n greet. I did it earlier this year and though my picture sucked the memory lasts a lifetime. I am looking forward to seeing her on the Josh Groban tour this summer.

Peace!

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:22 am

Sarah was amazing last night! Setlist was same as Melanie's but some songs in different order. There was a 25 min. or so intermission. She ended the first half with "Stupid" and started the second half with "Brink of Destruction. And she also did "Elsewhere". Fear just rules live. I can't believe that at 47 she is able to hold notes like she does. I think she saved her voice for the second half of the show, which were more upbeat compared to the mid-tempo and ballad ones from the first.

My meet & greet went just how I wanted it. I actually got 3 minutes with her, maybe 4. LOL 8-) 8-)

I got very shaky and tongue-tied. I told her I've been a fan since Afterglow came out. I took out my huge Afterglow poster. She was in awe, I think she thought I had it print out! But it was from her website...I got it around 2006-07 :lol: She signed it with a silver sharpie.

I then handed her 3 CDs....she has mentioned her admiration of Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol in interviews lately so I gave her a copy of his side project's album "The Place We Ran From" by Tired Pony. I also gave her 2 of my other favorite artist's recent albums : "Brand New" by Ben Rector and "Like Us" by Jon McLaughlin. She asked if I handpicked them for her and I said "yes, it's music for you to listen during the holidays" lol Gave them a little exposure so hopefully she mentions them again down the line ;)

Then I told her about my friend Pauli, from Chile, who used to post here and the old Under A Blackened Sky boards. She signed a photo for her so I can mail it out.

I almost forgot picture time with her. She brought it up and I said "oh and I was just leaving" :lol:

I felt a little awkward because I was third in line and there were 20+ plus just looking :oops:

here are my pictures from the M&G and the signed items. I was too far away to take good pics of her on stage so I didn't take any

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m66/ ... he5lre.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m66/ ... oivxkt.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m66/ ... bvueb5.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m66/ ... gul0zc.jpg