random thoughts?

For all the random things in life
Ellie
Root Admin

Re: random thoughts?

Post by Ellie » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:48 pm

Congratulations Karine, you've deserved it!! :D

Almost 4 hours is long... I bet you were completely exhausted! Take a lot of time off and take care of yourself :D
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:35 pm

The hardest thing was to write everything that the members of the jury were saying, to think about what I was going to reply to them and to listen to their speach, all at the same time!!

There was one teacher, a woman, we talked about her a lot with my family and friend after the defense because I was a little bit angry about her. She was less prepared than the other members and at one point, she criticized something in my thesis that she obviously hadn't read!!
My mother told me that she thought it would have been easier, that I wouldn't have to "fight" for my work like that.
Anyway, it's over now and I'm really happy about it :D
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:07 am

Karine wrote:Hey guys!!
After a thesis defense that lasted 3 1/2 hours (from 2 pm to 5:30), I finally got my PhD!! :D :D
It was quite hard, to defend my work and reply to the members of the jury, but I am really happy.
Great news, Karine! Congratulations to you! :D Now you can relax and enjoy the summer. Have some fun. :)
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:54 am

Thanks Ed!! :D
I'm going on vacation with my mother and sister and I don't know if I'll have time to come back here until the end of July (we're coming back on the 27th). With only a cell phone to check the Internet, it's quite complicated to look at all my favorite websites.
At least, it will give us the chance to travel a little bit together and enjoy our time in France. :)
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:39 pm

Hi guys! I have access to a computer at the hotel tonight, I hope you're doing well!
We're in Avignon and tomorrow, we're leaving for Annecy, a small city close to the Alps.
I miss my daily Sarah stop, but being on vacation is great!
Take care and see you soon :)
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:34 pm

I was thinking if you saw something of the Bastille day in Paris..!

Enjoy every piece of your trip, Karine! :D

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:58 am

Karine wrote:Hi guys! I have access to a computer at the hotel tonight, I hope you're doing well!
We're in Avignon and tomorrow, we're leaving for Annecy, a small city close to the Alps.
I miss my daily Sarah stop, but being on vacation is great!
Take care and see you soon :)
Be sure and take lots of pictures, Karine! Enjoy your summer there. Hope your weather is as nice as it is here in Washington. :)
Ed

RiverOfLove
Fallen

Post by RiverOfLove » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:19 am

I may have just gotten a job! I've been out of work since October, but have been in college.

Hopefully this pans out. My finances aren't that great at the moment, and I could barely afford the ticket to go see Sarah. I'm hoping that I can pay some bills and tuition with this job.

Times seen Sarah Live:
November 10th, 2010, Taft Theater, Cincinnati OH
July 11th, 2014, PNC Pavillion, Cincinnati OH

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:56 pm

RiverOfLove wrote:I may have just gotten a job! I've been out of work since October, but have been in college.

Hopefully this pans out. My finances aren't that great at the moment, and I could barely afford the ticket to go see Sarah. I'm hoping that I can pay some bills and tuition with this job.
Congratulations! :D

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:14 pm

Hey guys! A quick stop again! We're going to take the train from Lyon to Dijon tomorrow, maybe you know that city from the Dijon mustard ;)

It's really hot these days, but I'm not complaining because the vacations are great!
RiverOfLove wrote:I may have just gotten a job! I've been out of work since October, but have been in college.

Congratulations!!! :D
Karine