Shine On tour dates

Check here for concert reviews and tour info
iarthur

Re: Shine On tour dates

Post by iarthur » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:46 pm

Thanks for finding that Karine! That sum sip how I felt the first time and every other time I have seen her. You really gain so much respect and admiration for her after one of her shows! I wonder if she is going to switch out some songs in the set list along the way? Maybe some of the others from shine on like Turn The Lights Down Low (I hope)!

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:47 pm

Fantastic review!! It's pretty cool how she captivates people, the editor said that never went to her show, and look all the things he putted on the "paper" ^^ thanks for sharing!

The guy answered to your comment too, Karine ;) (that was you, right? :mrgreen: )

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:27 am

CarolCiola wrote:The guy answered to your comment too, Karine ;) (that was you, right? :mrgreen: )
Of course it was me! :lol:
I didn't have the time to do it, but I will save all those fabulous pictures, there are great!

Another review of the Lake Tahoe concert:
http://www.tahoeonstage.com/sara-mclachlan-review/
Later, however, McLachlan had fun with her well-known good Samaritan persona when she introduced a new song, “Monsters.” She explained the tune was about people with hidden agendas.

“But wouldn’t it be boring without those people who make such friction?” she said. “I think that on a good day. The rest of the time I think, “What an asshole!’ ”
:lol:
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:00 am

Karine wrote:A fantastic review, with large pictures of Sarah and the band!
http://rocksubculture.com/2014/06/25/sa ... rt-review/

According to the review, here's the setlist for Lake Tahoe concert:

Set One Setlist:
Flesh and Blood
Building a Mystery
In Your Shoes
Adia
Answer
Broken Heart
Fallen
World on Fire
Loving You Is Easy
Monsters
Stupid

Set Two Setlist:
Song for My Father
I Will Remember You
Brink of Destruction
U Want Me 2
Love Beside Me
Fumbling Towards Ecstasy
Witness
Fear
Sweet Surrender
Possession

Encore:
Beautiful Girl
Angel
Ice Cream
The Sound That Love Makes
Right on! I'm glad to see I didn't make any mistakes!:) His review is an excellent description of the Shine On Experience. I still haven't quite gotten over it. There's nothing quite like experiencing a Sarah show for the first time. Those of you who have will recall the feeling. :D

Those who haven't, keep the faith. Your time will come. Magic will touch you too. :)
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:47 am

Ellen posted the link to many videos from the Santa Barbara show.
They are excellent!

Is it me or during Flesh & Blood, Sarah didn't know what to do with her guitar? I bet she was saying to Vincent Jones: I don't know what to play! :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxgfyfRC-QQ
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:03 pm

:lol: yes, she repeated the notes from the beginning of the song, in spite of the pause before the solo... it was fun, anyway, and she knew how to work it out pretty well!

iarthur

Post by iarthur » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:50 pm

The new videos are great of the show! The new songs are so good live, can't wait to see them done in person! I hope a video of Broken Heart gets posted.

lovebesideme

Post by lovebesideme » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:21 am

I love that she is playing more electric guitar live. I think its one of the sexiest things about her live.What are others thoughts on er playing more electric live?

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:51 am

lovebesideme wrote:I love that she is playing more electric guitar live. I think its one of the sexiest things about her live.What are others thoughts on er playing more electric live?
She played guitar on several songs I had never seen videos of her playing on, like FTE, Possession and Sweet Surrender, as well as World on Fire and U Want Me 2. It was quite striking to see. She did just fine on Flesh and Blood at the show I saw, too. :D

I love to watch her play, whether it is piano or guitar. And don't forget the ukelele.
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Karine