Check here for concert reviews and tour info
Islandflyer
Drifting

Re: Shine On tour dates

Post by Islandflyer » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:59 am

Karine wrote:
livia wrote:
Karine wrote:New dates!!! :D
Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Montréal. People from Montréal are so in love with Sarah, just like me ;)

The first concerts in these four cities are all sold out.
Ohhh Karine!! Im soo jealous!! Cograts!! I wish I can go... someday maybe :) Have a really nice concert!!! :) and after, let me now all things about the day!!! :) :P
Thanks! I wish there were dates everwhere around the world, in South America, Europe, Australia... for all the fans!
I'm going to the concert with my sister on November 15h. I'm sure it'll be a wonderful evening :)

Just a little reminder, here's the band for the US tour:

Dorian Crozier drums
Vincent Jones keyboards
Joel Shearer guitars
Tim Smith bass
and Sarah! :D
Sarah who? :lol:

First up- Seattle! Friday at 7:00 PDT (12 hours now) That's 02:00 Greenwich Mean Time, 21-06-14 for you folks in the Old World.

I'll be there! :mrgreen:

I'm guessing she will lead off with In Your Shoes and Flesh and Blood, or maybe in reverse order.

I am absolutely certain that Sweet Surrender will be in there somewhere. It's one of my favorites, too, Karine :D

I'm betting that Song For my Father will be a solo. I hope so!

Seattle (2 shows) has been sold out for some time. Where are you, livia?
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:17 am

Ed, it's... TONIGHT!! :D :D
I wish you a very nice concert :)
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:21 am

Thank you, Karine.

It was fabulous! She sang 25 songs! :D

Here's the list: (I scribbled them down as I went)

Flesh and Blood (I was right about it being 1st :mrgreen: )

BAM

In Your Shoes

Adia (very nice, Sarah playing piano. One of my favorites :D )

Answer (wow, what a surprise! Piano, of course- loved it.)

Broken Heart (also piano)

Fallen (and on piano too)

World on Fire (another surprise- she played it on acoustic guitar)

Loving You is Easy

Monsters ( This is a really good one.)

Stupid (this got most of the audience on their feet!)

Song for My Father (not a solo, but still very touching, with her lead on acoustic also)

I Will Remember You (lovely with her on Piano, as always)

Intermission

Brink of Destruction (she told the story she has related in interviews about how meeting Geoff changed the course of the song)

U Want Me 2 (another surprise- she played electric guitar here)

Love Beside Me

FUMBLING TOWARDS ECSTASY! (completely out of the blue!- she played electric guitar too- fantastic :D )

Witness (Yes! wonderful, as intense as on Mirrorball)

Fear (I was blown away- she hit every high note impeccably- deeply moving- everybody on their feet when she left the piano)

SWEET SURRENDER! (she played electric guitar here, too- lots of women dancing and swaying- probably how it looked in the "old days" :D)

Possession (Sarah on electric again- in no live recording have I heard her hold "that" note so long! Everybody was rocking!)

Band intro and "end" of show. Long, sustained applause & screaming, till they came back out.

Beautiful Girl (on piano- slowing things down)

Angel (one of the best performances ever- lots of people singing and swaying with the song- very emotional- the band provided back-up vocals)

It's almost the first day of summer--- Ice Cream (most people singing throughout- they all know it- "Awesome!" from Sarah)

And last- The Sound that Love Makes, with Sarah on ukulele, and a lot of help from her friends!

The weather was beautiful, she commented on it, and she told several funny stories and did 2 Q & A sessions.

Somebody asked if the "cute" lead player was single, which got a lot of laughs from the audience and Sarah. Apparently he is. :lol:

So Sarah is definitely back, and in top-notch form. It took her a while to get the audience going, but once things got going, it was kick-ass!

So you're in for a real treat in November, Karine. 8-)

I was in the 19th row, so I couldn't get decent pictures with my small phone cam. Anything larger than that was not allowed.

I was surprised and pleased at how many songs she played herself. Maybe the "lean, mean 5-piece machine" forces her to do more of the work herself. :lol: Altogether it was 2 1/2 hours, with the 20 minute intermission. Wow!

This is the best I could do with my poor cam. I apologize for the poor quality.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-r7f1 ... 31_336.jpg

Vincent Jones is the one with the farmer hat :lol: The people on the left are some of her guests who got to sit on the couch for a couple of songs at a time. There were 2 groups of them.
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:09 am

Oh wowwwwwwww!!! Ed!! That sounds like a fantastic concert!! :D
Witness, she played Witness?!! I hope she'll keep that one in November. I hope the setlist for other concerts will pop up so we can see if she changes some songs.
How did it sound without any female back up singer? (during Fear for example)

So, I was right about a few songs too (quoting from another topic):
Karine wrote:From her past albums, I think we might hear:

- Fumbling Towards Ecstasy: Possession, Hold On, Ice Cream, maybe Good Enough and Fear (she played them during the symphony tour, but this time she doesn't have a backup singer or an orchestra with her)

- Surfacing: Building A Mystery, Sweet Surrender, Adia, Angel

- Afterglow: Fallen, World On Fire, Answer

- Laws Of Illusion: Loving You Is Easy, Rivers of Love, Love Come

From Shine On, it's hard to say, I believe we'll hear at least: In Your Shoes, Monsters, Song For My Father, Beautiful Girl and The Sound That Love Makes (in the encore, with Ice Cream)
For LOI, there was only Loving You Is Easy, hum... do you think she'll play more from it in the next concerts?

Pictures from Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SarahMcLachlan/stat ... 57/photo/1
https://twitter.com/rahrahmaybe/status/ ... 36/photo/1
https://twitter.com/XRSTech/status/4801 ... 00/photo/1

Meet & Greet: http://instagram.com/p/pfN-BsrgP8/

And photo from the drummer... who is not Dorian Crozier, but Curt Bisquera (who toured with her for LOI tour)
http://instagram.com/p/pfxeWVy0Ys/ (love that one!)
http://instagram.com/p/pexGodS0aK/
Karine

lovebesideme

Post by lovebesideme » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:58 am

Hey guys new username, old poster here. Can't wait for the NYC show, wish I was going to both. I like that there is no opener and that she kept the Q & A. The only thing I can say is I wish she would play something else off of LoL. I think if you want me to needs to go. Never was a fan of that live. Glad to see the uptempo material from Shine On is there, especially Monsters and Love Beside Me. Sarah never lost it her voice is still incredible. Puts other singers to shame.

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:40 am

I'm so happy for you, Ed :D :D !!

Thanks for writing down the setlist.. and about it: OMG :o 25 of her best songs! I was really surprised about Witness, FTE, U Want Me 2, Stupid... she really rocked yesterday, I have no doubt! Our girl is back ^^

Edit: PS.: Ellie, I shared your post about yesterday's show on my Sarah's Facebook page, hope you don't mind ;) people around here were very very curious about the setlist!

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Ed, I have a question for you: was there a merch table at the concert? Did you see any t-shirts, cds, tourbooks, posters, etc.?

Another question: were you happy about your seat? I remember that you were a little bit unsure about that, that it may be far from the stage...
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:12 pm

lovebesideme wrote:Hey guys new username, old poster here. Can't wait for the NYC show, wish I was going to both. I like that there is no opener and that she kept the Q & A. The only thing I can say is I wish she would play something else off of LoL. I think if you want me to needs to go. Never was a fan of that live. Glad to see the uptempo material from Shine On is there, especially Monsters and Love Beside Me. Sarah never lost it her voice is still incredible. Puts other singers to shame.
Hey! :)
I like U Want Me 2, but it's not my favorite. She could replace it by another song from Shine On for example (Surrender and Certainty / Turn The Lights Down Low).
It's the first concert of the tour, so she'll probably make a few adjustments and I suppose that the setlist will not always stay the same.
Ed, another question for you... ahahah! I know it's like my 5th question ;)
How did it work for the people in her stage living room? Did she really pick some fans to go up during the concert?
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:14 am

Karine wrote:Ed, I have a question for you: was there a merch table at the concert? Did you see any t-shirts, cds, tourbooks, posters, etc.?

Another question: were you happy about your seat? I remember that you were a little bit unsure about that, that it may be far from the stage...
Karine- I didn't see any merchandise being offered, but there was a building with the wine-tasting room where that could have been. I saw no signs to that effect, however. Right before the show a woman was holding up a Shine On T-shirt next to the stage, but I couldn't see if that was someone in the crew or a guest. I saw no Sarah shirts otherwise, and I walked all around the big "lawn" prior to the show. So "Medusa" was the only one there.

I was in row 19, in the reserved seating area, which was Section C & D, behind Section A & B, with 16 rows. I was nearly center, so the view was good, but about 20 meters from the stage. However, I noticed the piano was consistently overboosted, perhaps the speakers couldn't take the power or the sound board wasn't set right. The guitar parts were good, and her voice was mixed perfectly. It was very clear, and the power was right for the volume of the instruments. The only downside was there were 2 groups of noisy women who kept laughing and talking behind me all through the show. Apparently they weren't there to hear Sarah. Many people around me were displeased by this, also. The YouTube videos were close enough to the stage so I didn't hear the laughing and talking audible further back. Of course, that can happen anywhere. Other than that it was great. The venue website said that people using "professional" looking gear would have it confiscated, and there were many security people watching. They were checking people's bags coming in, too. I was kind of surprised she didn't play old standbys like Good Enough, Path or Hold On, though. I had hoped she would. She played a lot of songs, though.

I saw that picture of Sarah acting goofy at the soundcheck shows a kiosk in the background. They were selling food, wine and lawn chairs, but I didn't see any concert stuff there, although I just walked by without checking it out closer. I also saw that the Woodinville, WA (where this was) Police Dept. gets a lot of overtime in the summer doing crowd control and traffic direction, too. :lol:
Ed

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:26 am

CarolCiola wrote:I'm so happy for you, Ed :D :D !!

Thanks for writing down the setlist.. and about it: OMG :o 25 of her best songs! I was really surprised about Witness, FTE, U Want Me 2, Stupid... she really rocked yesterday, I have no doubt! Our girl is back ^^

Edit: PS.: Ellie, I shared your post about yesterday's show on my Sarah's Facebook page, hope you don't mind ;) people around here were very very curious about the setlist!
I was really surprised to hear those, too, Carol. A lot of people were very happy to hear FTE and Witness. And Fear was off the chart! I hope somebody puts them on YouTube. I think I saw a glowstick or 2, but it wasn't dark enough to be sure. :lol:
Ed