random thoughts?

For all the random things in life
Islandflyer
Drifting

Re: random thoughts?

Post by Islandflyer » Sat May 24, 2014 3:51 pm

Karine wrote:Hello! Do you want news? ;)
My thesis is done (yeah!!!!!), but I'm still working on my file. When I came back from the printers shop yesterday, with the 6 copies of my thesis, I realised that there were still some mistakes and errors in the pages layout. So, I'm still working on it and Monday, I'll go back to the shop to ask for a reprint. I'll see you soon! ;)
That's great to hear, Karine. You made it! :)

Take some time and relax first though, to clear your mind, so you can look at it from a fresh perspective. Have a nice weekend, in the meantime. :)
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue May 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi guys! Let me introduce you to my thesis! :D
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/ ... e98256.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/ ... 767a21.jpg

I printed 6 copies of the thesis, 4 for the jury and 2 for me. I worked a lot in the last days and I barely had time to sleep, but it was worth it: 484 pages, recto verso. It includes more than 30 pages for the bibliography and 8 pages for the index (of proper names and of principal themes). I arrived in Bordeaux this afternoon, to give the final .Doc and .Pdf files of the thesis to the PhD office. So now it's official, no more writting!
I'll have to prepare the thesis defense, which is going to be in July, but at least I can take a few days off :)
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Tue May 27, 2014 11:14 pm

:o that's pretty huge Karine!!
I'm happy that you finally finished your writing! :D Congratulations for your dedication and effort, it's not easy and it's not any person who does something like this... now you'll have some time to take a breath and relax too ^^

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Wed May 28, 2014 4:07 am

Congratulations Karine! :D That's quite an impressive book you've written. I know you've worked very hard and now you can relax a little. Are you going to publish it in the academic press?
Ed

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Wed May 28, 2014 9:00 am

Congrats Karine! Glad you finished it all, it looks really impressive :D And now take some days off yes! :P
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed May 28, 2014 9:04 am

Thanks a lot guys!! I'm really happy about it! I'll stay in Bordeaux this week and I'll go back to Paris for the last time, in June, to prepare the defense. I have a lot to do. For example, today I'll visit the room for the defense. I hope it's going to be fine. :)
Karine

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:54 am

It's been ages since my last post here. Mais où sont les neiges d'antan?
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:38 pm

It seems that I'll watch the World Cup games in my bedroom... 15 days without touching the floor with my left foot. :cry: I broke my little finger accidentaly by stumbling at my bed base :/

And another news: I officialy entered to the geek club... started to wear glasses this week :geek: now I can see the new world by the lens :mrgreen:

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:44 am

CarolCiola wrote:It seems that I'll watch the World Cup games in my bedroom... 15 days without touching the floor with my left foot. :cry: I broke my little finger accidentaly by stumbling at my bed base :/

And another news: I officialy entered to the geek club... started to wear glasses this week :geek: now I can see the new world by the lens :mrgreen:
Oh poor you! :? Did you see a doctor? Do you have a plaster cast around your foot toe?
I didn't really plan to watch the World Cup games this year because I have too much to do with my thesis and everything. When will it begin?
If glasses = geek, there are a big bunch of geeks in this world :lol:

My mother and sister bought their flight tickets yesterday, so they'll be with me for the thesis defense, yeah! We asked my brother once again if he wanted to join us with his girlfriend, but he said that it wasn't possible (work, cost, etc.). So it'll be only the 3 of us (with my friends).
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:05 pm

Yes Karine, the doctor gave me 15 days off... My foot is immobilized with a pretty tight band aid. The games will begin tomorrow, is a big mess in my city, the opening will be is São Paulo.

It's good that you will have your family around support to this, it certainly changes everything! :)