TV and Media Appearances

Check here for concert reviews and tour info
livia

Re: TV and Media Appearances

Post by livia » Thu May 08, 2014 5:06 pm

Karine wrote:Carol posted in on Twitter :D
Sarah at Jimmy Fallon:
http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/5526

The song is great, but is it just me or it's weird without any background vocals? Maybe I'm not used to that... :)
OMG! I LOVE IT!!! she´s sooo happy, excited with eyes shining!! She´s so in shape, more better with time!! It´s to weird that I press play, over and over again? In the first listen I felt that too Karine! it was a little weird without the backing.... btw, who will be the luck one this time? I have no idea, I r[think Melissa and lucke will not turn up this time on tour with her :(

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu May 08, 2014 9:12 pm

livia wrote:
Sarah at Jimmy Fallon:

The song is great, but is it just me or it's weird without any background vocals? Maybe I'm not used to that... :)
OMG! I LOVE IT!!! she´s sooo happy, excited with eyes shining!! She´s so in shape, more better with time!! It´s to weird that I press play, over and over again? In the first listen I felt that too Karine! it was a little weird without the backing.... btw, who will be the luck one this time? I have no idea, I r[think Melissa and lucke will not turn up this time on tour with her :(
I made a mistake, Carol posted it on Facebook ;)
The tour band: Dorian Crozier drums - Vincent Jones keyboards - Joel Shearer guitars - Tim Smith bass ... and Sarah :)
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Thu May 08, 2014 10:17 pm

Karine wrote:
livia wrote:
Sarah at Jimmy Fallon:

I made a mistake, Carol posted it on Facebook ;)
The tour band: Dorian Crozier drums - Vincent Jones keyboards - Joel Shearer guitars - Tim Smith bass ... and Sarah :)
No worries, Karine! I'm glad you posted it here! The first thing I do after arriving at the office is check my e-mails and then check Sarah's news, and I only can post things at my website or Facebook (and I'm lucky that I can still access those sites there... for example, I cannot access the Forum or Solaced anymore :roll: ).. so I like when you post the things here :)

--

About Sarah's backing vocals.... I really don't know what to expect, I mean, we have always seen Sarah play live shows with Melissa and the other girls, the show at Jimmy Fallon was really nice, but I cannot imagine Turn The Lights Down Low without someone (and when I say someone, I mean a woman, not a man!) singing that backing vocals at the beginning and after the last chorus (tah, tah, tarah, tah tah tararah..). If she does all by herself, is going to be strange..

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri May 09, 2014 5:33 am

CarolCiola wrote:No worries, Karine! I'm glad you posted it here! The first thing I do after arriving at the office is check my e-mails and then check Sarah's news, and I only can post things at my website or Facebook (and I'm lucky that I can still access those sites there... for example, I cannot access the Forum or Solaced anymore :roll: ).. so I like when you post the things here :)

--

About Sarah's backing vocals.... I really don't know what to expect, I mean, we have always seen Sarah play live shows with Melissa and the other girls, the show at Jimmy Fallon was really nice, but I cannot imagine Turn The Lights Down Low without someone (and when I say someone, I mean a woman, not a man!) singing that backing vocals at the beginning and after the last chorus (tah, tah, tarah, tah tah tararah..). If she does all by herself, is going to be strange..
Maybe she'll record some vocal tracks for the tour. Many artists who don't have backup singer do that, so they can play the additional effects while they sing the main lyrics.
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri May 09, 2014 12:47 pm

A backstage acoustic performance of Beautiful Girl at Jimmy Fallon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ34Pmbw67s#t=40

Also check iTunes Fb page to see a short clip by Sarah:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152408583630803
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri May 09, 2014 10:10 pm

Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon May 12, 2014 10:25 am

A very interesting interview on Today:
"Surrender and Certainty" was when I, we took my dad's ashes up to the beach in Tofino, at the Pacific North West, and spread his ashes out and then I went swimming with him. It was a really beautiful and profoundly sad moment 'cause I was letting him go but I was also completely with him and I felt him so with me, so it was sort of where I began to heal from it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa3LMIc-DT0
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Mon May 12, 2014 11:23 am

Thanks for sharing, Karine ;)

Listening to what she said about Surrender and Certainty, I imagined the scene/moment and felt sad :/ it must had been a pretty tough moment to her... I could understand more about the lyrics now

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon May 12, 2014 2:26 pm

CarolCiola wrote:Thanks for sharing, Karine ;)

Listening to what she said about Surrender and Certainty, I imagined the scene/moment and felt sad :/ it must had been a pretty tough moment to her... I could understand more about the lyrics now
What I like about this song is that even if it's about the death of her father, it can have many other meanings, depending on who listen to the song. :)
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Tue May 13, 2014 3:54 am

Karine wrote:
CarolCiola wrote:Thanks for sharing, Karine ;)

What I like about this song is that even if it's about the death of her father, it can have many other meanings, depending on who listen to the song. :)
I find it has that same deeply moving quality that makes "I Will Remember You" stay with you so long. And yes, it has symbolism appropriate to many occasions. I love the symmetry of returning to the ocean at the end of one's life. A beautiful ending to his story. This song is one I would love to hear her sing solo.
Ed