New album news

Karine
A change is coming

Re: New album news

Post by Karine » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:35 pm

I can't listen to it :(
"People who live where you live aren't allowed to watch this video". There are restrictions for France I guess.
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:06 pm

Listen to clips of all songs :D
http://youtu.be/LSpUo5-F_yg

"Broken Heart" sounds very promising, with a sort of pop/jazzy/country sound (ahah, yes, it's kinda confused in my head :D).

"Song For My Father" sounds like a beautiful guitar song! I hope she'll play it live, I'm sure it would be great, just her with her guitar. It has a folk sound, it's great to hear that again from her.
It reminds me a little bit of Angus & Julia Stones or of Dido on "Safe Trip Home" (Quiet Times, The Day Before The Day).

I love her voice at the beginning of "Love Beside Me", when she sings "the sharp sting of your poison". I wonder what the rest of song will be.

"The Sound That Love Makes": this is so sweet! At 11:38, it reminds me of the beginning of "Baby Love" (like here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23UkIkwy5ZM&feature=kp).

I have chills just to listen to the clips: I can't wait to hear the entire songs
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:47 pm

All the lyrics are in the lyric lounge, even "Little B". :)
Karine

chadwick
Touched

Post by chadwick » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:58 pm

listened to the clips. i really liked "song for my father" and "the sound that love makes."

SFMF sounds beautiful. i love the finger picked guitar -- it does remind me of dido's quiet times, which was also written after her father's passing.

didn't sarah's father introduce her to cat stevens, simon and garfunkel, etc.? its almost like the music/sound is a tribute to that.
fumbling...

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:53 am

chadwick wrote:listened to the clips. i really liked "song for my father" and "the sound that love makes."

SFMF sounds beautiful. i love the finger picked guitar -- it does remind me of dido's quiet times, which was also written after her father's passing.

didn't sarah's father introduce her to cat stevens, simon and garfunkel, etc.? its almost like the music/sound is a tribute to that.
Yes, that's what I wrote too, it reminds me of Dido :) I like that!
I don't know about her father, all that I remember is that she said her mother was listening to Joan Baez ;)
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:13 pm

It's there :D ... but for US only :evil:
http://parade.condenast.com/282101/walt ... -shine-on/
For USA an exclusive 1st listen to “Shine On” by @ParadeMagazine at http://Parade.com . #ShineOn streaming here > http://ow.ly/wbk44
The short clips we heard yesterday were probably put online to make sure that international fans would not rage again about the promo focused on the USA.
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:13 pm

Karine

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:43 am

She seems to be a little bit more edgier on this album.

I really like Monsters but not the production done to her voice. It sounds distorted, didn't think it was necessary.

Turn the Lights Down Low will probably be a favorite of mine with a few more listens
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:28 pm

I just finished to heard all the complete tracks... I wasn't able to argue about the tracks just listening by the clip with a piece of each, it may work for some people, but not to me.

This is a very passionate album, Sarah is all heart on all the tracks. Her voice is more perfect and deep than ever. She surely experimented new things on the songs, my prefered of the unpublished songs until now is "Love Beside Me".

Sarah seems to be more mature on the songs, in a pretty different way that the other albuns were. It is certainly more personal, the lyrics are strong, the rythm carries you on from the begining till the end of the song. It's the kind of the few albuns that I liked of all the tracks, without exception (and I can say this without being overstatement).

I don't know how to describe the feeling right now, I just feel that I need to listen to it again..! :)

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:12 am

CarolCiola wrote:I just finished to heard all the complete tracks... I wasn't able to argue about the tracks just listening by the clip with a piece of each, it may work for some people, but not to me.

This is a very passionate album, Sarah is all heart on all the tracks. Her voice is more perfect and deep than ever. She surely experimented new things on the songs, my prefered of the unpublished songs until now is "Love Beside Me".

Sarah seems to be more mature on the songs, in a pretty different way that the other albuns were. It is certainly more personal, the lyrics are strong, the rythm carries you on from the begining till the end of the song. It's the kind of the few albuns that I liked of all the tracks, without exception (and I can say this without being overstatement).

I don't know how to describe the feeling right now, I just feel that I need to listen to it again..! :)
I just heard them, too Carol, and I'm very impressed! She has some terrific songs here. Her use of metaphor and creating an aura of mystery in some songs is wonderful. In no particular order, I was quite moved by Surrender and Certainty (I love the ballad style here, and the way she wails at the end reminds me of why I am always so moved by "Home"), Song For My Father, which is just beautiful poetry in her voice, lyrics and the solo guitar, Love Beside Me has the emotional intensity and sense of loss of Train Wreck, for instance, and the persistent, jarring note is as a heartbeat of anxiety, and Brink of Destruction is another lovely, searching ballad that reaches deep. The Sound that Love Makes does have the feel of Ice Cream; some relief after all the sadness, and evocative metaphors that are set up perfectly with the ukulele. :D

Turn the Lights Down Low is another one that really grabs you with it's intensity lovely lyrical flow. It's very calming to listen to, even though it's very passionate. This one has the production of backing vocals and instruments perfect for me. A couple of the others do seem a little over-produced, but they're still very good.

Flesh and Blood combines a quiet ballad with full-blown rock and roll nicely, perhaps in a similar way to Fear. Broken Heart continues these lovely metaphors with it's quiet, but powerful rhythm and emotional river. So does Monsters, which is a wonderful tale of how people may not be what they seem, and how it hurts so much when someone you trust betrays you. Her realization of that is so plaintive. This is great stuff!

Her voice does have a different quality. It's clearer, more forceful, but with deeper emotional undertones, than before. She has a vividness, a presence here that I don't recall in a previous album. It's more like a live performance, in some ways. She sings as if she were a cougar springing from a tree; she goes right for your heart. Awesome. Miguel is right. This is much more edgy, and she's stepped out of the safe zone she was in for the last album. There will be more extreme viewpoints on many of these songs as a result.

I think it's going to be a real jewel of an album. Congratulations, Sarah! :D
Ed