New album news

Karine
A change is coming

Re: New album news

Post by Karine » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Shine On on vinyl? :) Available May 19th.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/shine-o ... n/27513154
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:31 pm

Besides Ashwin Sood on drums, we knew nothing about the musicians of Shine On...
But here's what I just read about Christine Jensen, a saxophonist from Montréal:
"And the big news is I got to work with Sarah McLachlan on her new album, on horn."
http://www.nanaimodailynews.com/news/na ... s-1.945296
Oh... a jazz musician on Sarah's album, I can't wait to hear that :D
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:57 am

Karine wrote:Besides Ashwin Sood on drums, we knew nothing about the musicians of Shine On...
But here's what I just read about Christine Jensen, a saxophonist from Montréal:
"And the big news is I got to work with Sarah McLachlan on her new album, on horn."
http://www.nanaimodailynews.com/news/na ... s-1.945296
Oh... a jazz musician on Sarah's album, I can't wait to hear that :D
So Ash is back? Bet that was an interesting negotiation :lol:

Maybe she's got some jazz or blues influence in some of the songs. I'm a big fan of both, so that would be great. I've thought for a long time she would be a great blues singer. :D
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:11 am

Yes, I posted about in on page #1 of this topic, he played drums for the album (but I don't know for which song). :)
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:00 am

From Amazon:
Sarah McLachlan biography
We all have a unique contribution to make in this world and Shine On is about that. It's about being present in the moment and to Shine On through all of life's ups and downs. To grow and change and forgive and to find ways to give back to the world. This album is full of hope and gratitude. It's about getting to the heart of the matter and moving forward. It's about being courageous and victorious and mourning our losses while Shining a light for those around us who are stuck in dark times. It's about the true recognition of self and loving and accepting that.

In the last art direction we spoke about "Tattered Vintage Glory", the place where we have been and the roots of where we are coming from. Our new job is to find the thread that ties these two stories together. To look at our past, acknowledge it and to weave a new story of the future with optimism and hope with a view towards positive change. these are exciting times and this album will be an amazing opporutnity for us all to Shine On, to give the world the best part of us and to encourage others to join in and celebrate. We are full of gratitude for what we have and for this life and all the love that surrounds us.
Karine

matt

Post by matt » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:56 pm

so the Studio version of Beautiful Girl is out. Why must people give this guy these exclusives.

http://perezhilton.com/2014-04-16-exclu ... isten-here

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:56 pm

Hey matt! Thanks for the link! It's now announced on Twitter too.. I got sad that the cello is not on it, but it's still awesome anyway :D

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:50 am

matt wrote:so the Studio version of Beautiful Girl is out. Why must people give this guy these exclusives.

http://perezhilton.com/2014-04-16-exclu ... isten-here
Yes, I saw that Beautiful Girl was on Perez Hilton website too. It was in the SM newsletter that I opened this morning.
I don't really like PH's website, so I extracted the song, no need to go back to the website to hear it. ;)
Matt: I suppose it's to catch the attention of different listeners :roll:
Karine

Sweetfear
Building A Mystery

Post by Sweetfear » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:27 am

CarolCiola wrote:Hey matt! Thanks for the link! It's now announced on Twitter too.. I got sad that the cello is not on it, but it's still awesome anyway :D
Same here! I was really dissapointed that the cello was only used for some harmonies. I thought the studio version would be a more refined version of what we got live so far, which was abit TOO quiet for my taste but still enjoyable due to the heavy sound of cello going crazy just before Sarah belts out the last few lyrics. Oh well ..
Tangled up in our embrace
There's nothing I'd like better than to fall

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:17 pm

Shine On premiere this Sunday!!
Can’t wait another two weeks to hear Sarah’s new album Shine On? We can’t either! Parade.com will be streaming Shine On in its entirety this Sunday, April 27.

This exclusive premiere will feature all 11 songs featured on the album before the May 6th release date. Love what you hear? Let Sarah know on Facebook and Twitter!
You can also listen to Monsters right here: http://ryanseacrest.tumblr.com/post/836 ... s-new-song :D :D
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~