Shine On tour dates

Check here for concert reviews and tour info
Islandflyer
Drifting

Re: Shine On tour dates

Post by Islandflyer » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:30 am

Well, I tried to buy Seattle tickets Monday morning. Not knowing when it would start, I had a window open from 7:30 local when I got to work. The Ticketmaster link kept saying it didn't start until 3/12, and I checked back from Sarah's site several times, with no change, even after 10:00. Finally, about 10:15 I posted a chat to Ellie to see if anyone had better info. She replied back in a few minutes, but I didn't see it until lunch (11:00). Her link worked, but only a few seats were shown as available, 30 or more rows back. I finally got the site to let me pick one, and then began a lengthy process trying to get it to accept my credit card. Finally, after consistently refusing to accept my 3-digit verification number (which I had used on Amazon the day before, so I knew was good), it timed out. At that point it showed no seats available. Not having seen this before, I assumed the whole show was sold out. The next day (6/21) showed the same. So I concluded there was some hacking going on of some type. I suppose the bots could be considered in that regard. It certainly explains a lot. It's a rigged game, like the stock market, apparently. So I'll try again at 10:00 AM Saturday morning and see if anything is left.

I like the idea of a one-time code being issued to each person who applies by email, with no publicly available codes. Broadcasting it on FB was a bad idea. Maybe a question could be asked, that fans would know, or know how to answer. Make a multi-step process, to help deter scalpers as well. Anyone bothering to go to the trouble to monitor her site for announcements is likely a fairly serious fan. Scalpers probably wouldn't be likely to fool around with if it takes extra steps. They could find an easier venue to hack. I'm wondering if others got the bad links like I did. Was that hacking or just bad links?

I hope you're right, Karine, and I can find a seat Saturday. Either show is fine with me, as long as I make one of them! :) Like you, I'll be damned if I will buy a ticket at an inflated price. It's either face value or nothing, for me.
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:00 am

Islandflyer wrote:I hope you're right, Karine, and I can find a seat Saturday. Either show is fine with me, as long as I make one of them! :) Like you, I'll be damned if I will buy a ticket at an inflated price. It's either face value or nothing, for me.
Ed, I know we're in 2014, but some people don't have access to Internet and still buy tickets at the theatre office. Others are not in Sarah's mailing list, neither on Facebook or Twitter. They will find out that Sarah will give a concert only in the next weeks, when they heard about it on the radio.
The general sale is open to everyone and maybe only 20%-30% of the tickets are saved for the presales. Scalpers rush for the presale tickets because they're usually the best seats, but it's not because you're not in row #1 that you won't enjoy the concert.
I told Ellen yesterday that when we saw Sarah live in 2004, my sister and I were somewhere between rows AA to ZZ: http://www.billets.ca/uploads/seatingch ... ERLAKE.gif
I don't know if we kept the tickets (and if yes, where they are now), but I remember we were on the floor, quite far away from the scene. Despite that, it was an awesome night and I'm sure it'll be the same for you.

Edit: these scalpers, not only they are thieves, but they're disgusting. I checked http://www.stubhub.com/sarah-mclachlan- ... 4-8997959/
They even took the wheel-chair accessible seats! :evil:
If a fan in a wheel-chair wants to go to the show, he can't just move to another row or section, like we can. He has to be in one of the appropriate seats... but now they're all gone! Really, I hate those people!
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:57 am

I would think you would have to have some sort of proof to get those. When I looked at the Seattle layout last night it showed they were still available. Which concert are you referring to, Karine?

What, Sarah fans without Internet? What a concept! That would mean there would have to be a print edition of Solaced! :lol:

But I'm sure scalpers would hack the wheelchair criteria too, if needed, to get them. I wouldn't put it past them.
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:02 am

Islandflyer wrote:I would think you would have to have some sort of proof to get those. When I looked at the Seattle layout last night it showed they were still available. Which concert are you referring to, Karine?

What, Sarah fans without Internet? What a concept! That would mean there would have to be a print edition of Solaced! :lol:

But I'm sure scalpers would hack the wheelchair criteria too, if needed, to get them. I wouldn't put it past them.
At home, we didn't have Internet until 2003 and until 2007, we had a limited phone connection with a modem (1 hour per week). When I left for France, my mother took a high speed connection.
This is really expensive!
Just for Internet, it's 40-50$ per month, without illimited download (for that, it's 60$).
TV cable, cell phone, high speed Internet... you come close to 100$/month. With that money, I could travel every year at the holidays and many people need that money to buy food. I know, if you have enough money to go to a concert, it's because you probably don't have problem buying food... :roll: Anyway...
Instead of giving their money to Internet companies, some people might want to keep it for great concerts! ;)

Edit: by the way, why don't you make a test today? The general sale for the concert in Portland starts today and even if you don't buy anything, you could see what seats remain after the presale.
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Hopefully. getting a ticket to a Sarah show before the scalpers is not a "Pi in the Sky" idea. :lol:

Happy Pi Day! :)
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:52 pm

Islandflyer wrote:Hopefully. getting a ticket to a Sarah show before the scalpers is not a "Pi in the Sky" idea. :lol:

Happy Pi Day! :)
Thanks... but I prefer CBC's version of Pi day... which becomes PIE day! :D
Now, I want to eat pie and listen to Ice Cream... or to eat pie with ice cream with Sarah 8-)
http://static.music.cbc.ca/v2/modularpa ... 236758.jpg

(7 posts and I'll have my own custom rank... yeah!! :mrgreen: )
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:56 am

Karine wrote:
Islandflyer wrote:I would think you would have to have some sort of proof to get those. When I looked at the Seattle layout last night it showed they were still available. Which concert are you referring to, Karine?

At home, we didn't have Internet until 2003 and until 2007, we had a limited phone connection with a modem (1 hour per week). When I left for France, my mother took a high speed connection.
This is really expensive!
Just for Internet, it's 40-50$ per month, without illimited download (for that, it's 60$).
TV cable, cell phone, high speed Internet... you come close to 100$/month. With that money, I could travel every year at the holidays and many people need that money to buy food. I know, if you have enough money to go to a concert, it's because you probably don't have problem buying food... :roll: Anyway...
Instead of giving their money to Internet companies, some people might want to keep it for great concerts! ;)

Edit: by the way, why don't you make a test today? The general sale for the concert in Portland starts today and even if you don't buy anything, you could see what seats remain after the presale.
Great idea, Karine. I checked Portland and it offered Seat 8, Row S as the best available, for $99. See map site.

http://edgefieldconcerts.com/venue-info/seating-maps/

I''ll open a window on both Seattle concerts and pick the best I can get in the morning. Until we got satellite service again, the internet on San Juan Island here was regularly rated worse than 98% of the world. We still have lots of "boondocks" here in the US. Apparently most of the developed world has faster and cheaper service. How is it in France?

T- 10 hours and 6 minutes until the "window" opens now. :)
Ed

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:22 pm

No Pi in the Sky here! But a seat at a Sarah show! Whoopee! Now for the wait...97 days and counting....:D

From Row S, Seat 3, I'll be watching every move you make, Sarah! :mrgreen:
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:57 pm

Islandflyer wrote:No Pi in the Sky here! But a seat at a Sarah show! Whoopee! Now for the wait...97 days and counting....:D

I'm very happy for you Ed!! :D I told you that there would still be seats.
When will you see her? (I don't want to count :P )

Edit: Ok, I saw it in the chat, on June 20th. ;)
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:57 pm

Karine wrote:
Islandflyer wrote:No Pi in the Sky here! But a seat at a Sarah show! Whoopee! Now for the wait...97 days and counting....:D

I'm very happy for you Ed!! :D I told you that there would still be seats.
When will you see her? (I don't want to count :P )

Edit: Ok, I saw it in the chat, on June 20th. ;)
Thanks, Karine. You were right. But they went fast. I was on at 10, when it opened, but I was shut out several times, presumably by people with faster connections. It looked the Saturday show was sold out within a few minutes, as I waited on my ticket to process. This time I had the account set up beforehand. Very happy! :D
Ed