random thoughts?

For all the random things in life
Karine
A change is coming

Re: random thoughts?

Post by Karine » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:46 pm

A boring day for me too, but I just finished a 10 pages section of my thesis (I started it last week), so I'm happy. :D Moving on to the next section now ;)
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:45 am

Actually, I can usually delay the gratification as long as I need to. But I do like it a lot, Carol. I prefer "semi-sweet" chocolate, generally. I try not to keep any at home to avoid temptation. ;)

So I gather you are on page 242 of your thesis, Karine? Is that you across the room in the second picture? At least you have windows. There are no windows in my building, and I just spent another rainy Sat. at work. At least there are webcams, so I know what's happening in the real world. :geek: In the winter, it's dark when I go into the cave, and dark when I come out, so I'm a creature of the night. I must be a vampire! :twisted:

That's an interesting picture you have of Sarah. Think she's "seeing red"? It has kind of a science-fiction look, with that coloring, like she's looking through the time tunnel or something. :ugeek:
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:33 am

Wow!! :shock: Exactly, I'm at page 242, I just checked my file ;)
No, it's not me in the picture, because I'm the one that took it. My old Nokia phone takes poor pictures, so it's not really clear.
There are big windows so we can enjoy the daylight a little bit and there's even a "garden" right in the center on the library. You can see a little bit of it right behind the girl (it's more like trees with fern).
If I had been able to take a better picture, you would have see that. Maybe you recognize the woden chair from my photos.

Ahahah... so both you and Carol don't like my new signature?! :lol: I told her that I was thinking about Valentine's Day when I made it... but I forgot that Valentine's Day only lasts one day! ;) I promised I'll change it soon!
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:08 pm

No, Karine, I liked the image OK. I missed the significance of the reddish tint, so it looked kind of weird. :o

"The Advance of Knowledge to Infinity" is what I'm seeing in this picture, although in another context it could be something from a Dilbert cartoon, I suppose. ;)

It hardly looks deserted in this picture, though. There seem to be a number of studious people in that sea of desks (sea of waking dreams?).

I thought maybe you had done a cameo by setting the camera on a timer :lol:
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:33 pm

Hello guys!
I had an email from my supervisor today. :? I knew it, things will be complicated with my submission deadline. He was worried because I didn't send him my chapter 5 (but I'm still working on it!) and because I have a lot of work to do before it is over.
I know that I wrote it before, but I'll try to stay away from the board for the next weeks... or at least from this new evil attractive chat room :twisted: (and that also means stop searching for new pictures of Sarah :roll: )
I'll probably have some time to talk with you on Sundays, in the evening, but I will try to keep the focus on my work during the day.
I'm sure that will make me realise I suffer from the "Fear of Missing Out" :D
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:38 am

I was wondering how much work you are getting done, now that you seem to rather"chatty", Karine :D

So you'll have to confine your postings to periodic updates of your screen so we can see that the page count is increasing at a steady pace. :twisted: We know you were on page 242 last week....

Maybe your supervisor is already doing that, too! ;)

Whip cracks! (is there an emoticon for that?) :ugeek:

Congratulations on Canadian women's amazing hockey win!
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:01 am

Islandflyer wrote:I was wondering how much work you are getting done, now that you seem to rather"chatty", Karine :D

So you'll have to confine your postings to periodic updates of your screen so we can see that the page count is increasing at a steady pace. :twisted: We know you were on page 242 last week....

Maybe your supervisor is already doing that, too! ;)

Whip cracks! (is there an emoticon for that?) :ugeek:

Congratulations on Canadian women's amazing hockey win!
I think I won't reveal the number of pages anymore... :lol: I'll keep that as a secret ;)

By the way, Ellen and Carol, you can see that they got my email (without the name of the board). We talked about it the other day... :D
http://www.sarahmclachlan.com/fr/heart/
(they should make changes to the background for the Heart page, because we can barely read the text)

Edit: I just realised that I have problems reading the text only when I use Explorer :? With Chrome, I see a white background in front of the picture of Sarah playing piano with the kids. That is weird...
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:05 pm

Karine, as I told to you and Ellie the other day, I don't have anymore access to Sarah's websites in general, at work. So now I only can be around here at night and on weekends :roll:

(and YES, this chatting is quite addictive, for sure :twisted: in the good way!)

About the Heart's page, I saw the French version of it yesterday, it looks great, Karine :D Although I cannot see what you talked about the background, for me it looks normal: the picture of Sarah playing the piano with the kids is fixed, and as we scroll, the text goes up and down (I had accessed on IE9, Firefox and Chrome) :roll:

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:53 am

It looks OK from North America, too (on Firefox). The text is on a while background, semi-transparent, so you can see the picture beneath.
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:39 am

Yes, but the problem is that I don't see the white background when I use Explorer, just the picture of Sarah with the kids. That's why I wrote that it was difficult to read the text. This is what I see:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/ ... c5908b.jpg
I realised there's a white background only when I looked at the page with Chrome.

Ed: I'm sorry for you and the two American olympic hockey teams.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It was a great game yesterday and the Americans were good (otherwise we would have win with 3-0). ;) Will you watch the finale on Sunday? In France, it's at 1pm, so 7am in Montréal. You're in Seattle, right? That means 4 am. :?
Karine