random thoughts?

For all the random things in life
jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Re: random thoughts?

Post by jessiemonkey » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:53 am

WolfmanJack wrote:I hope that you are alright. We here at the fan club do not want to loose you. I do not want to loose you kiddo. You are my sunshine. I do not want to get all teary eyed but be safe.

im okay buddy :) and i will be safe

WolfmanJack

Post by WolfmanJack » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:15 am

A person told me the other day that people are not good and why do we need friends. I could understand her then, especially when she had a bad accident. And it was her friend that did it but not intentionally. It was just a moment's thing. We all need people around us to give support and advise and all the comfort we need. Those people are called Friends. That, is the thought for this moment.

biancadantas
Lost

Post by biancadantas » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:37 am

WolfmanJack wrote:A person told me the other day that people are not good and why do we need friends. I could understand her then, especially when she had a bad accident. And it was her friend that did it but not intentionally. It was just a moment's thing. We all need people around us to give support and advise and all the comfort we need. Those people are called Friends. That, is the thought for this moment.
Yes, I agree....we do need friends, those ones that always stand by us when we really need. But there are times when we feel alone even though our best friends are around and we know that nobody can understand what we are feeling....these are the hardest times.
'Cause I can't be the one you wanted me to be....'
Signature by Ellen

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:25 am

kellyj wrote:
biancadantas wrote:Does anyone feel really tired sometimes, but still cannot sleep?
That is why I am on here so late at night. Ha Ha
Never have been able to sleep. It's 3.15am and close to my bedtime, but before I go here's something reasonably random and reasonably mad, so it suits me fine...

If the scientists and mathematicians are correct all the songs have already been written. Sometimes I feel a song is so perfect, it's like it has just been plucked from the universe. It has always been there, it just took someone to discover it.

If the unuverse is truly infinite then the implications are enormous. There are only so many ways you can combine atoms, therefore if the universe is infinite then every possible variation and combination of atoms is out there. This means every variation on what we know exists. Anything and everything, the most cruel and inconceivable pain, and the greatest beauty. This means all the songs have already been written. They are out there somewhere, in some part of the universe.

The idea there are no songs left to be written makes me sad, because whenever I think I have heard everything and am becoming jaded, I hear an incredible song that just brings me back to music, and make me believe in it once again. I have heard the infinity or infinite universe theory is supported by up to 90 per cent of mathematicians and a lot of scientists. Einstein didn't believe it. Personally I don't. But it makes you think. It could even keep you awake at night.

Even if the infinite universe theory is wrong, there are only so many ways the notes can be combined to produce a song. Once they have all been used, there will be no songs left to be written.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:44 am

TheSquirrel wrote: If the scientists and mathematicians are correct all the songs have already been written. Sometimes I feel a song is so perfect, it's like it has just been plucked from the universe. It has always been there, it just took someone to discover it.
Sounds weird but an interesting notion...
I sometimes feel that way about a lot of Kate Bush's songs. Moving is the most ethereal song I ever heard. If you want to have an idea what heaven is like, listen to that song. Same thing goes for Fumbling Towards Ecstasy (song); like I said before, it's probably what sensuality sounds like (does it even make sense? lol).
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

biancadantas
Lost

Post by biancadantas » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:16 am

I can't define how I feel connected to Sarah's songs (perhaps that's why I'm part of this forum)...but I can always find a song that it's exactly how I'm feeling at the moment....her songs are truly my perfect personal soundtrack.
Lately, I'm feeling so much Fallen.
Signature by Ellen

biancadantas
Lost

Post by biancadantas » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:24 am

Quincy wrote:
biancadantas wrote:I'm so bored right now....watching tv at 03:27 am, there's a video of band named The Gossip going on
Good band, Beth Ditto has an awsome voice!!
I really liked her voice too....I'm looking for some other songs from this band.
Signature by Ellen

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:18 pm

When on sarahboards I never let my poker interests cross over too much and bore people, I'd much rather bore them about music. However playing poker just confirms what I pretty much already know about life. So here is a squirrel's half-arsed view on life and philosophy.

Sometimes you try so hard, and work so hard to do things the right way, but everything turns out a mess, and you end up being unsuccessful. Then you see someone doing everything the wrong way and not even trying, but being successful. So you start to do things the wrong way and that turns out as you expected, bad and unsuccesful. So all you can do is try to do things the right way. Work hard, study hard, and be true to your character and personality. It isn't a guarantee of success, but it will give you the best chance in the long run, of being successful in life.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:43 am

TheSquirrel wrote:Then you see someone doing everything the wrong way and not even trying, but being successful. So you start to do things the wrong way and that turns out as you expected, bad and unsuccesful.
When you struggle too much to achieve whatever it is that you want, you end up being disappointed most of the time. I'm a firm believer in "not struggling" and being an optimist. It's quite funny and amusing whenever people expects something bad to happen all the time and then being surprised when it did happen. Nope, I'm not advocating some crackpot new age ideology here lol! Just adopting a positive attitude instead of attracting negativity. ;)
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

WolfmanJack

Post by WolfmanJack » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:52 pm

Why is it that sitting by the water calms us so. Is it the peace and harmony of the ripples or waves or just the loneliness and seclusion of the moment. ;)