TV and Media Appearances

Check here for concert reviews and tour info
Islandflyer
Drifting

Re: TV and Media Appearances

Post by Islandflyer » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:43 am

I ran across this clip from the Jay Leno show, when Sarah was singing "Sweet Surrender" on her birthday, in 1998. Her performance is similar to the one on Mirrorball, since this would have been on that tour. The video is not great, but it sounds OK. Nice conversation with Jay at the end. He gets an autograph, too! :)

There's some nice bantering about her (then) recent marriage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVgRS9tPrMM
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:06 am

Islandflyer wrote:I ran across this clip from the Jay Leno show, when Sarah was singing "Sweet Surrender" on her birthday, in 1998. Her performance is similar to the one on Mirrorball, since this would have been on that tour. The video is not great, but it sounds OK. Nice conversation with Jay at the end. He gets an autograph, too! :)

She was 30 :D (I am 30 now)
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:50 am

Karine wrote:
Islandflyer wrote:I ran across this clip from the Jay Leno show, when Sarah was singing "Sweet Surrender" on her birthday, in 1998. Her performance is similar to the one on Mirrorball, since this would have been on that tour. The video is not great, but it sounds OK. Nice conversation with Jay at the end. He gets an autograph, too! :)

She was 30 :D (I am 30 now)
Hmm, let's see;
She was 30 then, you are 30 now.

Therefore, you must be Sarah! Sorry, couldn't resist that! ;) (I think they call that reasoning from false premises, or something like that....) :D
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:31 am

Islandflyer wrote:Hmm, let's see;

Therefore, you must be Sarah! Sorry, couldn't resist that! ;) (I think they call that reasoning from false premises, or something like that....) :D
Oh yeah, I'm Sarah! 8-)
Sometimes, I like to think "Sarah was my age when she did this!". That's why it made me smile to hear her talk about her 30th birthday.
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:51 am

Karine wrote:
Islandflyer wrote:Hmm, let's see;

Oh yeah, I'm Sarah! 8-)
Sometimes, I like to think "Sarah was my age when she did this!". That's why it made me smile to hear her talk about her 30th birthday.
"...love the light that brings a smile...", seems appropriate, Karine. :)
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:25 am

Islandflyer wrote:"...love the light that brings a smile...", seems appropriate, Karine. :)
Hold On, such a good song. I really like the piano version from the Freedom Sessions record, but the version from FTE is great too!
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:03 am

Karine wrote:
Islandflyer wrote:"...love the light that brings a smile...", seems appropriate, Karine. :)
Hold On, such a good song. I really like the piano version from the Freedom Sessions record, but the version from FTE is great too!
That's one of my favorites, too. The emotional intensity Sarah puts into this song is really something, esp. her performance of it on Mirrorball. And the imagery her lyrics evoke is wonderful. It's both very stark and very poetic at the same time. That version you mention has kind of a blues feeling to it, and is also very effective. It has a more introspective quality as a result, somewhat like the piano solo versions of Possession, it seems to me.

I think Sarah would be a great blues singer, with her powerful voice and emotional delivery. Has she done any other blues-type music that you know of?
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:57 pm

Islandflyer wrote:That's one of my favorites, too. The emotional intensity Sarah puts into this song is really something, esp. her performance of it on Mirrorball. And the imagery her lyrics evoke is wonderful. It's both very stark and very poetic at the same time. That version you mention has kind of a blues feeling to it, and is also very effective. It has a more introspective quality as a result, somewhat like the piano solo versions of Possession, it seems to me.

I think Sarah would be a great blues singer, with her powerful voice and emotional delivery. Has she done any other blues-type music that you know of?
It's just my opinion, but Rivers of Love sounds a bit like blues to me. It's on Laws of Illusion.
There's also an old performance of "Georgia On My Mind" from a concert in 1991, in Montreal (with annoying noise from the audience :roll: ).
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:31 am

Carol posted the info in the General section:
CarolCiola wrote:Let's discover it soon, she will play one of her new songs at Jay Leno's show:

@SarahMcLachlan:
I’ll be on The #TonightShow with @jayleno on January 30th singing a song from my new album
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=208&p=8131#p8130

Now, we know that she will perform "Beautiful Girl", the song she played at the Bridge School Benefit in 2012 (and at Massey Hall).
Remember? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPPwe5zCwAA

Do you think it'll be the first single?

Here's a small clip to promote the appearance at Jay Leno and a contest to win tickets for the TV show:
http://www.sarahmclachlan.com/2014/01/w ... -jan-30th/

And now it seems pretty official: the album will be released in May. :D
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:24 pm

Karine wrote:Carol posted the info in the General section:
CarolCiola wrote:Let's discover it soon, she will play one of her new songs at Jay Leno's show:

@SarahMcLachlan:
I’ll be on The #TonightShow with @jayleno on January 30th singing a song from my new album
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=208&p=8131#p8130

Now, we know that she will perform "Beautiful Girl", the song she played at the Bridge School Benefit in 2012 (and at Massey Hall).
Remember? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPPwe5zCwAA

Do you think it'll be the first single?

Here's a small clip to promote the appearance at Jay Leno and a contest to win tickets for the TV show:
http://www.sarahmclachlan.com/2014/01/w ... -jan-30th/

And now it seems pretty official: the album will be released in May. :D
She could add something else to this song, at the record version, like a background sound... The piano version is good, but it's also pretty quiet :roll:

It may be the first single, even more because she already has performed this in public. (I thought that it would be the "ukulele song" too, Karine rsrs)