random thoughts?

For all the random things in life
Empirejim
Drifting

Re: random thoughts?

Post by Empirejim » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Have a very good day and that goes out to all the members here. ;)

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:23 am

Empirejim wrote:Have a very good day and that goes out to all the members here. ;)
Thanks! Sarah wrote on Twitter that her album will be out early Fall. I'm happy! :D
Karine

RiverOfLove
Fallen

Post by RiverOfLove » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:22 am

Karine wrote:
Empirejim wrote:Have a very good day and that goes out to all the members here. ;)
Thanks! Sarah wrote on Twitter that her album will be out early Fall. I'm happy! :D
Really?

I don't check Twitter that much anymore, but if that's true, I am very happy! :D

Times seen Sarah Live:
November 10th, 2010, Taft Theater, Cincinnati OH
July 11th, 2014, PNC Pavillion, Cincinnati OH

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:34 am

Hello? Is there anyone out there? :|

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:55 pm

Yeah, I am always around but to tell you the truth, not everyone is on site around this time. People are doing different things and as there is not much happening with Sarah right now, they tend to get away from this site and I guess I can understand that. I am a diehard Sarah fan and will always be close. :D

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:31 pm

Empirejim wrote:Yeah, I am always around but to tell you the truth, not everyone is on site around this time. People are doing different things and as there is not much happening with Sarah right now, they tend to get away from this site and I guess I can understand that. I am a diehard Sarah fan and will always be close. :D
I'm here too, but now that Sarah (and her management team) uses much more Facebook and Twitter, it's almost useless to post the news here. I found some charity stuff lately and I will post them in the general section, but I know that only 5 people will come and check the post! :roll:

I'm very busy with my thesis dissertation: it's my 5th year of Phd and I'm still very late. Writing is a tough thing for me and my motivation is like a roller coaster!
One of the professor is sick here (well, she was pregnant but after her pregnancy, she got into a really bad depression) and I was in charge of two groups in 2010 and 2011. In January 2012, I was asked to teach again for 6 weeks and the professor was supposed to come back next week (March 9th) after spring break. However, I learned yesterday that there is still a problem with her "comeback" and my supervisor asked me if I could teach again for "at least three weeks". I enjoy teaching and my students are great, but it takes time to get ready for the lessons. Sometimes, I just want to stop everything and go back to Montreal!! :?
Well, instead of doing that, I will go back to work and try to finish my dissertation!! Ahah! ;)
Karine

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:27 pm

Hey guys,

I know I've been out of the running for quite a while, and I'm sorry. I'll be catching up with the site in a few days and stuff like that. It's just that there has been a few things in life that needed first of all alot of attention and second brought alot of stress with me and got me a bit messed up. I'm glad there's still this solid base around here of people who still bring updates so I'm sure I won't miss anything if I update the site ;)

Well, that was a small word from this admin, missed you guys!
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:04 pm

Hey Karine, you stick with it and don't give up. As a representative of Montreal, I encourage you to go fourth and follow your dream. I'm sure that all the gang here will back me on that. You have that strong will and desire in you and all that is important down the road. Montreal will always be here but your dreams are there for a time only. Have a good and healthy spring and summer. :)

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Empirejim wrote:Hey Karine, you stick with it and don't give up. As a representative of Montreal, I encourage you to go fourth and follow your dream. I'm sure that all the gang here will back me on that. You have that strong will and desire in you and all that is important down the road. Montreal will always be here but your dreams are there for a time only. Have a good and healthy spring and summer. :)
Thank you for your kind words! :)
It's really hard, to stay focused and to keep writing. I met my supervisor this week and I could feel he was disappointed with my work.
I'm working on a tough but interesting subject, the Holy Grail and the French arthurian literature of the Middle Ages. I enjoy working on these things, but there are so much books and articles about it that I'm always afraid to repeat something that has been written before.
Anyway, I don't want to give up now and I still believe that I can succeed, so I keep working! I'm staying positive! :)
Karine

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:59 am

Uhm, whatever happened to the boards? I myself haven't been around for nearly half a year (lol) but I didn't expect it to be like this. Well anyway, it's just the evolution of message boards methinks. This is just me missing the good ol' days of Sarahboards... All the best to those who are still around (as well as those who are not). :)
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...