What's Next For Sarah

Discuss here any general things concerning Sarah
Karine
A change is coming

Re: What's Next For Sarah

Post by Karine » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:16 pm

chadwick wrote:this made me laugh... i can see her doing this as well but she missed the 10th anniversary mark so she has to wait until the 15th or 20th year anniversary. on the flip side, i agree, i would love for her to release one of the orchestral shows... the clips i heard on youtube sounded great. fingers crossed that we may get a few "soundboard" tracks in the new year as bonus tracks or a DVD set. were any of the orchestral shows recorded for radio broadcast?
I don't think so. The show in Toronto, from her "Sarah and Friends" tour, is available on CBC Radio 2, but that's all.
Karine

chadwick
Touched

Post by chadwick » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:02 am

yeah, i listened to the CBC show and enjoyed it although she didn't play a lot of the new stuff for that particular show.
fumbling...

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:31 pm

chadwick wrote:yeah, i listened to the CBC show and enjoyed it although she didn't play a lot of the new stuff for that particular show.
I don't know what was the setlist, but CBC didn't put the entire concert online. She sang more than 2 new songs, I'm pretty sure of that.
Karine

Stormhaven
Building A Mystery

Post by Stormhaven » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:14 pm

chadwick wrote:she is still under contract? i thought she fulfilled it with the "mirrorball complete concert" and "FTE: legacy" packages? so one more record and she will go independent? this is exciting but i worry that she might see it as a retirement option, especially if the new record isn't successful.
I don't think she's had a formal contract for a while now. She's said in a few interviews that her relationship with Sony Music is very loose. Basically she writes and publishes when she feels like it, and does not have a "records per year" type contract to push content on a regular basis.

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:17 pm

I also heard that she has one more record to do and then she is free of contract. What she will do after will be like building a mystery for her fans but, that is Sarah and in some way, we like it like that. :D

RiverOfLove
Fallen

Post by RiverOfLove » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:21 am

I just hope for a new album in 2012 or 2013. Then another world tour.

I don't know if she'll ever have the same worldwide success that she had back in the late 90's, but I do hope that she continues making music.

Times seen Sarah Live:
November 10th, 2010, Taft Theater, Cincinnati OH
July 11th, 2014, PNC Pavillion, Cincinnati OH

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:00 am

I hope for a UK tour this time around. I was diserpointed there wasn't one for Laws and that the UK Lilith had to be cancelled... :cry:

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:00 pm

I just saw that a few minutes ago, the cover image of Sarah's Fb page was changed. The album is due in 2013 (the first image showed Fall 2012). I can wait a few months more. :)
Karine

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:12 pm

Now that she has completed her fourteen city tour, what will be next. No doubt, a break for the summer. She still has that Voices in the Park gig in Stanley Park coming up. Then there's the new album next year. Will she go on Tour again to promote it. Does anyone have any new info to give. :)

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Right now she is on Vacation with her daughters. Have a good one Sarah. :D