Congrats Karine, you must be really proud! :) I'm happy for you

Random thought/question... how on Earth is it September already? :!: :!:
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

biancadantas
Lost

Re: random thoughts?

Post by biancadantas » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:03 am

Karine wrote:I just want to say that I'm very happy today. I had a meeting with my thesis supervisor this morning and it went very well. In January, I'll be teaching for the first time at university, a course about medieval poetry.
This is a good new, but this morning, my supervisor told me I could possibly teach a 2nd course. It's not sure for the moment, but I'm really happy that he asked me and I wanted to share that with you! :D
I'm really happy for your achievement, Karine! It's quite a strong feeling when you teach at university for the first time, I felt my heart would fell out my mouth when I first entered a classroom. I hope you enjoy the experience and let us know the news:)

Good luck!
'Cause I can't be the one you wanted me to be....'
Signature by Ellen

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:38 am

Yeah, Miguel, we're already in September! :D I can't believe summer is over.

Thanks all for your sweet replies! My supervisor sent me a message to confirm that I'll be teaching this course. The professor who was supposed to teach it is pregnant and I'll begin September 30th (in less than one month).
I know that I'm qualified for this job, but I'm sure I'll have heart palpitations the first day! :)
Karine

Danyy
Full Of Grace

Post by Danyy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:33 pm

I know it's a bit late, but congratulations Karine, that is great news and I'm really happy for you ;)
Carla

Signature and avatar by Ellen

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:14 am

Blackangel12868 wrote:I love yoga. I dabbled before but i've been getting really into it lately and it really is wonderful. it doesn't seem like a wicked work out, but i'm definitely feeling it :) It's nice to be bendy!
I tried yoga over the summer and totally loved it! :-D I'm going to see about going to yoga sessions at my Universitys gym as I'm sure doing it will improve my health. I'm also wanting to try Tai Chi too.

@ Karine: Congratulations & Good luck! :-)

biancadantas
Lost

Post by biancadantas » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:35 am

Crazylitstudent wrote:
Blackangel12868 wrote:I love yoga. I dabbled before but i've been getting really into it lately and it really is wonderful. it doesn't seem like a wicked work out, but i'm definitely feeling it :) It's nice to be bendy!
I tried yoga over the summer and totally loved it! :-D I'm going to see about going to yoga sessions at my Universitys gym as I'm sure doing it will improve my health. I'm also wanting to try Tai Chi too.
I'm really lookking for Yoga classes as soon as it's possible, nowadays I went back to working out, I was getting too sedentary, and I'm doing Pilates, I'm loving it and I recommend everybody to try it out someday.
'Cause I can't be the one you wanted me to be....'
Signature by Ellen

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:51 pm

its getting soo nice out! im glad its fall!! im sick of all the summer heat!

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:52 am

Crazylitstudent wrote:

I'm beginning to do yoga at home, I like it.
Thanks Ben!
Karine

Danyy
Full Of Grace

Post by Danyy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:37 pm

Karine wrote:
Crazylitstudent wrote:

I'm beginning to do yoga at home, I like it.
Thanks Ben!
Seems like everybody is into yoga! I'm getting started at it too, but I don't take classes, I do it at home. My boyfriend's sister does yoga so she borrowed me an excellent book :)
Carla

Signature and avatar by Ellen

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:11 am

Why do we say that we have the Blues. What exactly does that mean! Why not say, I have the greens today. I know that sounds weird but why the Blues!