Sarah's Concerts

Discuss here any general things concerning Sarah
WolfmanJack

Re: Sarah's Concerts

Post by WolfmanJack » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:58 am

Sarah also plays Toronto on the 24th of July for people in the area and tickets are still great to get. However, if you want to rub shoulders with her so to speak, you have to pay the price. The question is, how much do you pay for paradise. :D

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:49 am

WolfmanJack wrote:The question is, how much do you pay for paradise. :D
$200-250 is quite reasonable imho.
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:46 pm

Jessel wrote:
WolfmanJack wrote:The question is, how much do you pay for paradise. :D
$200-250 is quite reasonable imho.

i know, im def. gonna get the vip tickets :)

chadwick
Touched

Post by chadwick » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:11 pm

i've been curious if sarah would briefly chat with fans after a show... like the fans who linger behind the venue until 1am, it usually ends in a small group of fans (10-20) at this point. i've done this in the past with other artists and was successful with getting a signature, a kind hello, and a picture. granted, they were not at the status of sarah's popularity... it's worth a try.
fumbling...

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:35 pm

chadwick wrote:i've been curious if sarah would briefly chat with fans after a show... like the fans who linger behind the venue until 1am, it usually ends in a small group of fans (10-20) at this point. i've done this in the past with other artists and was successful with getting a signature, a kind hello, and a picture. granted, they were not at the status of sarah's popularity... it's worth a try.

i was hoping the same thing, i would def. wait. if she walked right passed me id be a little pissed lol, but i think she would def. stop for a signature or picture or a few minutes to talk.

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 pm

Although Sarah is a great attraction, I'm afraid it is the other artists that are pulling her down. In this day and age, people pay to see big names or artists that they love and not the unknown. We have come to that today. Gone are the days when you could sit around and listen to sounds and say to yourself, hey, not bad for someone we don't know. Plus, prices were good and the world was good and so on and so on. We are more tense and want results quickly and have no time to get shafted in our mind's eye. With the cancellation of Nashville,it just goes to say, bring us the wonder, give us the names and talent and not the up and coming as they, may not be there in a couple of years. And that means, all along we were wasting our time. Maybe it would have been better is Sarah did her solo with maybe a special guest. I think, that could have worked better. We all love Sarah and want her to do well, but, at what cost and will it affect her in future similarities.

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:31 am

Empirejim wrote:Although Sarah is a great attraction, I'm afraid it is the other artists that are pulling her down. In this day and age, people pay to see big names or artists that they love and not the unknown. We have come to that today. Gone are the days when you could sit around and listen to sounds and say to yourself, hey, not bad for someone we don't know.
Interesting theory but there might be some truth to it. I agree, it's no longer the same as it was back in the time of the first Lilith...
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

hanzo

Post by hanzo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38 am

this show was a great show. i too wish i could go back in time to see this tour. along with the 1992 tour and the surfacing tour as well, such a great range of songs in that one. what is everyones favorite bootleg/live show? mine would probably be seattle 04/26/1992. the end of that show is so brilliant, starting with path of thorns.

RiverOfLove
Fallen

Post by RiverOfLove » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:10 am

It would have been incredible to see her live in the early 90's. I finally got to see her live, but I wish I had been a fan back then.

Times seen Sarah Live:
November 10th, 2010, Taft Theater, Cincinnati OH
July 11th, 2014, PNC Pavillion, Cincinnati OH

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson