SarahMcLachlan.com Updates

Discuss here any general things concerning Sarah
Empirejim
Drifting

Re: SarahMcLachlan.com Updates

Post by Empirejim » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:49 am

Yes B, It won't be long now. I have a hard time sleeping that is why I am still up.

biancadantas
Lost

Post by biancadantas » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:34 pm

Check it out the site's updates: there's a chance to win seats to watch her on Jimmy Fallon show and a new video about Lilith and the musicians involved.
It's so sad I can't go to Jimmy Fallon.... :cry:
'Cause I can't be the one you wanted me to be....'
Signature by Ellen

biancadantas
Lost

Post by biancadantas » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:11 am

There's a new video on Lilith series where she talks about Women in Music (the link for download is in the multimedia section). There's also a note saying she'll be on Good Morning America on June, 11. I'll be waiting for GMA video when it' available ;)
'Cause I can't be the one you wanted me to be....'
Signature by Ellen

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:30 am

Is it just my imagination or suddenly, there are a lot of updates on Sarah's website, Facebook, Twitter and Myspace pages?
There are also messages from Sarah, it was quite rare before (the request for videos for the Junos, the message about the end of Lilith and her future projects, ...)
Do you think her new management team suggested her to connect more "directly" with her fans?
Karine

Stormhaven
Building A Mystery

Post by Stormhaven » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:45 pm

I haven't really seen too much of an increase. I think it probably has more to do with the tour winding down and now having more time. As for the management piece I'm sure it was probably suggested, but it's been stated that the avoidance of social networking was her personal preference. Both Luke and Melissa use Facebook extensively though, maybe some of it rubbed off on her.

RiverOfLove
Fallen

Post by RiverOfLove » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:41 am

Yeah, that's probably why. I sincerely doubt that she suddenly wanted to connect more with her fans. She's always been connected.

Times seen Sarah Live:
November 10th, 2010, Taft Theater, Cincinnati OH
July 11th, 2014, PNC Pavillion, Cincinnati OH

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:16 pm

You're probably right... it's just that suddenly there were a few messages from her (or her management team posted them for her). I don't remember if she wrote something on her website at the end of the Afterglow tour (like saying thank you to the fans who came to the shows).
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:40 pm

Maybe I focus on something "futile", but I think I'm right...
Sarah never asked for "any must sees or recommandations" in any city before (that's on her Facebook and Twitter pages). Even if it's someone from her team who wrote this, to me, it's a new way of connecting with us.
Ok, I'll stop with this now! :D
Karine

Stormhaven
Building A Mystery

Post by Stormhaven » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Yeah, I saw that today and you got me wondering.

Like I said, Melissa and Luke (mostly Luke) are heavy Facebook'ers, so maybe she saw the benefit. I think maybe social networking was "sold" to her previously as a way for people to keep tabs on her at all times ("I'm totally eating a sandwich, RIGHT NOW!"), whereas many artists nowadays are using the medium as free wide-range advertising and market research.

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:25 pm

i saw something i think on facebook about when she was sick and had to go to the doctors i remember reading it and thinking: this isnt like the normal updates i think this might be her!! :D