random thoughts?

For all the random things in life
Karine
A change is coming

Re: random thoughts?

Post by Karine » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:02 am

Thanks Ed! I hope you have time to enjoy the summer ;)
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:56 am

Hi Karine,

We're here at Cannon Beach, Oregon, and I found Shine On was here too. ;)

Wonder what else I will find here? :)
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:18 am

This is a really beautiful picture Ed!! :D

The holidays are over now and I'm back at my apartment. I have a few books to read about grammar and I will start to work on my Fall course tomorrow.
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:30 am

Karine wrote:This is a really beautiful picture Ed!! :D

The holidays are over now and I'm back at my apartment. I have a few books to read about grammar and I will start to work on my Fall course tomorrow.
Thanks, Karine. If you ever go out West, do check out the Oregon coast. It's hundreds of miles of beautiful beaches with these "haystack" formations liberally sprinkled along the shore, and lots of vistas of forested hills rising steeply out of the ocean. The drive along Hwy 101 is spectacular. Most of the beaches are accessible from frequent public parks, too.

So you will be teaching again in the fall?

Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:30 pm

This looks like a beautiful place to visit!

Yes, I will teach a course about French grammar in September. It's been a long time since I read about that subject and even if I'm very good in grammar, I realise that I don't remember all the grammar and linguistics terms. I mean, writing in French without making any mistake is easy for me... but now I will have to teach it in detail!
I have the rest of the summer to get ready!

In January, I will also have a group of student, but in Old French. I'm really happy about it and I can't wait to teach them Old French grammar! :)
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:21 am

Karine wrote:This looks like a beautiful place to visit!

Yes, I will teach a course about French grammar in September. It's been a long time since I read about that subject and even if I'm very good in grammar, I realise that I don't remember all the grammar and linguistics terms. I mean, writing in French without making any mistake is easy for me... but now I will have to teach it in detail!
I have the rest of the summer to get ready!

In January, I will also have a group of student, but in Old French. I'm really happy about it and I can't wait to teach them Old French grammar! :)
So does posting here in English make that more confusing, Karine? ;) Is Old French spoken too, or just written? Is it more like Latin than the modern language? Sorry, as a Synth I have many questions. :D (Ref British TV series: Humans).
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:22 pm

Islandflyer wrote:So does posting here in English make that more confusing, Karine? ;) Is Old French spoken too, or just written? Is it more like Latin than the modern language? Sorry, as a Synth I have many questions. :D (Ref British TV series: Humans).
We only have written traces of Old French, but sometimes, we can figure out how words were pronounced (looking at rhymes, for example).
I never studied Latin, so I can't compare it with Old French. ;)
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:02 pm

Hey guys!

I'm sorry about getting off the chat so quick, I was on the cellphone and the connection wasn't too good...

Here are some updates that I wanted to talk with you that day:

I'm off of all kind of movel braces, and my migraine is finally over!! Yay!! The doctor gave me a blood pressure medicine :!: , that helps to control and almost completely eradicate the headaches, I'm really happy for getting on some simple things that I couldn't do when I was on that "migraine impasse", like playing my guitar and drums, and go out with my friends more often :)

I also got into a band! It's me as the drummer, a guitar guy and a bassist guy. We play alternative rock style, and play our own compositions with lyrics in English. The band doesn't has a name yet, but when we decide something I'll let you guys know. I'm having so much fun with it! I just have some records made by my cell phone of the rehearsals, when we get a good sound I can send to you ;)

I got happy to find all of you on the chat on Sunday, it was a long time that we didn't match our time zones hahah!

I was reading on the history something about a date uhnn, sound exciting!! ^^

Hope to meet you on the chat again soon, see you!

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:19 pm

I'm happy to know that you're feeling better :D

Wow, a band!! I remember that you did a cover of Monsters last year, on guitar. Do you also play guitar in your band?

And yeah, I talked about a date during our chat last Sunday ;)
I met the guy again yesterday: we went to see a sound and light show in Ottawa in the evening and it was fun. I don't know if it will leads us to a more intimate relationship, because for the moment, we chat in a really friendly way. We exchanged a few messages on a dating website and he suggested that we meet in person, for coffee. I invited him to see the show yesterday and now, I will wait to see if he wants to see me again.
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:49 am

Is always good to meet a new person ^^ even it is for friendship only. Wish you the best with your new friend, Karine!

About the band, I only play the drums (and that's enough of me on a band hahahah!) :mrgreen:

I'm happy too for meeting the new guys (from the band). I'm practicing my drum techniques alot every week, and doing some stuff that I didn't do so often in the past, like going out and being on the studio.