What's Next For Sarah

Discuss here any general things concerning Sarah
Miguel

Re: What's Next For Sarah

Post by Miguel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:48 am

I can't wait to hear this new song she's writing for the musical. I think it's obvious it'll be heart-wrenching ;)
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Stormhaven
Building A Mystery

Post by Stormhaven » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:21 pm

Just linked from her Facebook page - new song recorded at the Bridge School Benefit concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPPwe5zCwAA

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Thumbs Up for her new song. :D

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:10 am

I didn't want to create a new topic because we don't know the title yet, but Sarah is making a new Christmas song this year. From Facebook:
a great day at home writing for my new album and a little holiday song surprise :) xoxo,s
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 2899_n.jpg

Maybe it'll be like "Space On The Couch For Two" with the students of the music school...
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:41 pm

Like last year, there will be a video with the Christmas song, directed by Kharen Hill.
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Here's the video for "Find Your Voice".
The song was written by Sarah and Pierre Marchand (and Ashwin Sood played the drums in it).
http://music.cbc.ca/#/artists/Sarah-McL ... Your-Voice

Well, it's an "okay" song for me, but I prefer the one that was released last year... maybe it's because it doesn't sound like a Christmas song to me.
Karine

Sweetfear
Building A Mystery

Post by Sweetfear » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:28 pm

Karine wrote:Here's the video for "Find Your Voice".
The song was written by Sarah and Pierre Marchand (and Ashwin Sood played the drums in it).
http://music.cbc.ca/#/artists/Sarah-McL ... Your-Voice

Well, it's an "okay" song for me, but I prefer the one that was released last year... maybe it's because it doesn't sound like a Christmas song to me.
At first I was like .. wait is this a Halloween video or an xmas video clip. When I realised Sarah wasn't really going trick or tricking pretending to be Christine from Phantom of The Opera, I was like 'Hmmm, not really that interesting is it?'. The one released last year was slightly better. This one was cheesy and had no real melody. I do realise that Sarah doesn't want to give out much of her creativity for 'such' projects but she could at least try. I didn't knew Marchand was behind it but I should have guessed it as there was no real edge. Ughh hope new music will do her justice!
Tangled up in our embrace
There's nothing I'd like better than to fall

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:09 pm

I found the song to be light and sort of un-sarah for the moment. I know it is new and a Christmas song and well, not into it yet. :o

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:27 am

I already told K kinda what I thought about it, and it's basically what you guys said... It sounds nice, but it has a mainstream sound. Which I understand, seeing she releases it for a bigger/wider audience than her normal stuff. BUT I do think lyric-wise the song is stronger than the song of last year (and yeah, lyrics do the most for me since I'm a lyricwriter myself.. :P)
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:47 pm

I was thinking about the name of the song ("Find Your Voice") and the fact that it's also the slogan of the school. To me, this is more a promo song for the school than a creative and artistic work. It was probably recorded fast so it could be released at time for the Holidays, maybe that's why the melody is a little bit dull.
Ellen and I both hope her next album will not sound like this. :?

Edit: I also have to keep in mind that "Find Your Voice" will not replace a song like "Wintersong", which is a sad and personal song. This is a collective track, associated with the students of the program.
Karine