random thoughts?

For all the random things in life
Karine
A change is coming

Re: random thoughts?

Post by Karine » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:40 pm

CarolCiola wrote:Sorry to hear all the story about the shooting, Karine.. =/ I'm glad you're okay!

Today is the 1st day of my vacation!! I'm very very happy :D I'll go back to work only in December 2nd, so now I can finally take some rest and have some free time.. I kind of assumed a senior position on my work team, my manager was fired around a month ago, so my supervisor let me responsible for the Quality team (two other guys, besides me). I had a lot of work since then, didn't stop any second of my day! But I'm enjoying it alot ^^

I pretend to make a small travel at the second half of November, but I can surely find a LAN house near just to know how was your Sarah meeting, Karine! ;)
I hope you'll enjoy your month of vacation Carol! :D Where do you plan to travel?
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:01 pm

Karine wrote:
CarolCiola wrote:Sorry to hear all the story about the shooting, Karine.. =/ I'm glad you're okay!

Today is the 1st day of my vacation!! I'm very very happy :D I'll go back to work only in December 2nd, so now I can finally take some rest and have some free time.. I kind of assumed a senior position on my work team, my manager was fired around a month ago, so my supervisor let me responsible for the Quality team (two other guys, besides me). I had a lot of work since then, didn't stop any second of my day! But I'm enjoying it alot ^^

I pretend to make a small travel at the second half of November, but I can surely find a LAN house near just to know how was your Sarah meeting, Karine! ;)
I hope you'll enjoy your month of vacation Carol! :D Where do you plan to travel?
Thanks Karine! ^^ I have plans to go to the beach and be around São Paulo :)

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:42 pm

CarolCiola wrote:Thanks Karine! ^^ I have plans to go to the beach and be around São Paulo :)
That sounds like nice plans :D
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:52 am

Hey guys! Do you have any plans for the Holidays?
I taught my last course yesterday and in two weeks, my students will pass the final exam. I still have their dissertation to correct (50 dissertations!) but it gives me a break from the university.
Well, I have a reunion tomorrow, next week I'll have to go back to meet a few students to help them with the exam preparation and I'll be there to watch them during the final test... but at least I don't have to prepare courses. ;)
I'll go back to Montréal at the end of the month, to spend the Holidays with my family. I've been away for many years and except in December 2012 (when I traveled to England to join my sister), I was alone during that period of the year. I know that I'll have some work to do (preparing the courses that I'll teach in January), but I won't be alone anymore. :D
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:38 am

Karine wrote:Hey guys! Do you have any plans for the Holidays?
I taught my last course yesterday and in two weeks, my students will pass the final exam. I still have their dissertation to correct (50 dissertations!) but it gives me a break from the university.
Well, I have a reunion tomorrow, next week I'll have to go back to meet a few students to help them with the exam preparation and I'll be there to watch them during the final test... but at least I don't have to prepare courses. ;)
I'll go back to Montréal at the end of the month, to spend the Holidays with my family. I've been away for many years and except in December 2012 (when I traveled to England to join my sister), I was alone during that period of the year. I know that I'll have some work to do (preparing the courses that I'll teach in January), but I won't be alone anymore. :D
Hey, Karine. I'm sure you will be glad to finally be at home again for the Holidays. :D We were thinking of going to Florida during the break, but haven't made reservations yet. I'm off the week between Christmas and New Years, so it's fun to do something different. Are you teaching full time next year? Have you had much snow yet?

Nice new pictures on your Avatar and signature, too! :)
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:44 pm

Islandflyer wrote:Hey, Karine. I'm sure you will be glad to finally be at home again for the Holidays. :D We were thinking of going to Florida during the break, but haven't made reservations yet. I'm off the week between Christmas and New Years, so it's fun to do something different. Are you teaching full time next year? Have you had much snow yet?

Nice new pictures on your Avatar and signature, too! :)
I can't wait to celebrate with my family! I hope I'll see my brother again: I saw him in 2010, but since I came back in August, we weren't able to make our schedule fit (when I was at my mother's house, he was busy).
In January, I'll have only one group of students, so it'll be a part-time job again. I wish I had at least 2 groups, so I can have a bigger salary. ;)
We had a little bit of snow yesterday, but we'll surely have more until Christmas :D I was happy to see snow again (last time, it was in 2013), but tonight, when the snow truck passed at 4 am, I wasn't very happy! :lol:
I wanted to make a little change for the Holidays, so I used this picture that I like a lot :)
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:34 pm

Hi Karine!

I'm planning stay with my family in the town at Christmas and New Year. Our house is very sad lately, last Sunday our cat went to live in heaven, everybody witnessed when it happened, so we're planning to be together at the holidays to comfort each other.. my cat was like a little brother for me :(

I bet you will surely be happy, now that you're home together with your family again :) and snow it's the last thing we're seeing around here, a weather around 30 degrees!

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:15 pm

CarolCiola wrote:Hi Karine!

I'm planning stay with my family in the town at Christmas and New Year. Our house is very sad lately, last Sunday our cat went to live in heaven, everybody witnessed when it happened, so we're planning to be together at the holidays to comfort each other.. my cat was like a little brother for me :(

I bet you will surely be happy, now that you're home together with your family again :) and snow it's the last thing we're seeing around here, a weather around 30 degrees!
I'm sorry for you Carol, I remember that you said you loved your cat a lot :(
I can't wait to finish my work for this session and to have a little break!
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:05 am

It's so hard to lose a pet, Carol. They are always there for us, and give us that "unconditional love" that Sarah spoke of. I hope you're not sad for long. Perhaps playing the guitar helps to bring comfort at times like this?
Ed

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:06 pm

It surely does, Ed!