Shine On tour dates

Check here for concert reviews and tour info
CarolCiola
Fallen

Re: Shine On tour dates

Post by CarolCiola » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:53 pm

Welcome to the Café, Barra! :)

I checked out your blog, it's really nice! What amazing history you have there, I have a cousin that went through the same disease, and she is a victorious, like you! It's good to know that Sarah helped you to pass by all those stormy days ;)

Hope I can meet her personally one day, like you did!

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:46 am

Barra4189 wrote:Longtime fan here(20+ years) and had the amazing opportunity to meet Sarah last weekend in Toledo for the very first time. Below is the blog post I wrote about my experience:

http://barracuda0924.blogspot.com/2014/07/ol-55.html

I still cant stop smiling about it. It was amazing. If you can get a chance to meet her, I would do it.

Barra
A wonderful story, Barra! That's lovely how she has inspired you, and how you have emerged the winner from your ordeal. I'm still fairly new to Sarah's music, but I understand more and more how she "Holds On" to people for so many years. That great music brings with it a quiet inspiration. I feel it too, now that I have seen her for the first time. I liked your comment about how when you are depressed you listen to "depressing" music. I do that too, and it has the opposite effect, somehow lifting my spirits. No one's music does this better than Sarah's. I saw that video of 'ol55 last year and it was one of the many songs that turned me into a fan in short order. Freedom Sessions was the 4th or 5th CD of her's that I bought. :)

So please tell us more about the songs you liked best in the show you saw. For me I think "Fear" was the most awesome, followed closely by Song For My Father. The rest weren't far behind, either. :D

Great pictures you have, too. Thanks, and welcome to the "Fumbler's Cafe" We're all just fumbling around together in here, you know. ;)
Ed

Barra4189

Post by Barra4189 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:15 pm

Islandflyer wrote:
Barra4189 wrote:Longtime fan here(20+ years) and had the amazing opportunity to meet Sarah last weekend in Toledo for the very first time. Below is the blog post I wrote about my experience:

http://barracuda0924.blogspot.com/2014/07/ol-55.html

I still cant stop smiling about it. It was amazing. If you can get a chance to meet her, I would do it.

Barra
A wonderful story, Barra! That's lovely how she has inspired you, and how you have emerged the winner from your ordeal. I'm still fairly new to Sarah's music, but I understand more and more how she "Holds On" to people for so many years. That great music brings with it a quiet inspiration. I feel it too, now that I have seen her for the first time. I liked your comment about how when you are depressed you listen to "depressing" music. I do that too, and it has the opposite effect, somehow lifting my spirits. No one's music does this better than Sarah's. I saw that video of 'ol55 last year and it was one of the many songs that turned me into a fan in short order. Freedom Sessions was the 4th or 5th CD of her's that I bought. :)

So please tell us more about the songs you liked best in the show you saw. For me I think "Fear" was the most awesome, followed closely by Song For My Father. The rest weren't far behind, either. :D

Great pictures you have, too. Thanks, and welcome to the "Fumbler's Cafe" We're all just fumbling around together in here, you know. ;)
Thanks for the nice words! Far as favorite songs from the show--Fear is always a favorite. I really loved the new stuff too(the cd hasnt left my car). Monsters, Love Beside Me-----just to name a few. I loved that she did Fumbling Towards Ecstasy.

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:22 pm

Barra4189 wrote:Thanks for the nice words! Far as favorite songs from the show--Fear is always a favorite. I really loved the new stuff too(the cd hasnt left my car). Monsters, Love Beside Me-----just to name a few. I loved that she did Fumbling Towards Ecstasy.
Hi Barra! Welcome! :D
Karine

iarthur

Look What I got today!!!!!!!

Post by iarthur » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:42 pm

Sooooooooooo exited that my wife and I are going on stage for the concert. I am going to bring a sunflower to give to her and try to get her to come over when I am up there! I hope it works and I can get a picture with her!!

Congratulations Ian Arthur!

You are invited to join Sarah McLachlan on stage this Friday, August 1, in New Orleans! You and a guest will watch Sarah perform a few of her songs from the best seats in the house! Your special invitations will be waiting at Will Call for you the evening of the show with further details. You will spend part of the show in your purchased seat, so don't forget your tickets!

Please respond to this email by 9 pm, July 30, to accept this prize. We will also need confirmation that you have tickets to the selected show. To provide proof of purchase, please attach a picture of your tickets or forward the email confirmation if you bought them online. We look forward to hearing from you!

Congratulations once again and enjoy the show!

-Megan
Team Sarah McLachlan

Islandflyer
Drifting

Re: Look What I got today!!!!!!!

Post by Islandflyer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:16 am

iarthur wrote:Sooooooooooo exited that my wife and I are going on stage for the concert. I am going to bring a sunflower to give to her and try to get her to come over when I am up there! I hope it works and I can get a picture with her!!

Congratulations Ian Arthur!

You are invited to join Sarah McLachlan on stage this Friday, August 1, in New Orleans! You and a guest will watch Sarah perform a few of her songs from the best seats in the house! Your special invitations will be waiting at Will Call for you the evening of the show with further details. You will spend part of the show in your purchased seat, so don't forget your tickets!

Please respond to this email by 9 pm, July 30, to accept this prize. We will also need confirmation that you have tickets to the selected show. To provide proof of purchase, please attach a picture of your tickets or forward the email confirmation if you bought them online. We look forward to hearing from you!

Congratulations once again and enjoy the show!

-Megan
Team Sarah McLachlan

Looks like you hit the jackpot, Ian! Enjoy the journey! :)
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:44 am

Congratulations!!! :D
I hope you'll tell us how it was!
Karine

iarthur

Post by iarthur » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:25 am

You guys know I will tell every detail! I can't wait till Friday night!

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:42 pm

Congratulations!!! :D You do know we're all a little bit jealous here right? :lol:
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:39 pm

Congratulations Ian!! :D Good idea about the sunflower, she will surely love it! ^^