random thoughts?

For all the random things in life
Karine
A change is coming

Re: random thoughts?

Post by Karine » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:17 pm

CarolCiola wrote:Is always good to meet a new person ^^ even it is for friendship only. Wish you the best with your new friend, Karine!

About the band, I only play the drums (and that's enough of me on a band hahahah!) :mrgreen:

I'm happy too for meeting the new guys (from the band). I'm practicing my drum techniques alot every week, and doing some stuff that I didn't do so often in the past, like going out and being on the studio.
Well, I'm not really looking for a friend, I want a little bit more than that ;)

With the band, do you plan to do public shows or if it's "only" for fun, just the three of you?
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:26 pm

We're planning to play in public, yes, the guitarist knows some people that can contact us to do a 1 - 2 hours of show. We only have 5 songs till now, but we're taking it serious, doing 2 - 3 rehearsals by week.

You can have an idea of our songs by listening to this one, we're recording with my cell phone hahah, so this is the only one till now that isn't too overboosted:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7VHj ... mtMbVN4Vms

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:35 pm

Carol, this is really cool! Because of the sound, I couldn't understand all the lyrics, but the melody (and the drums!) are good! :D
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:31 am

Muito obrigada, Karine :D

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:56 pm

;)
Let us know if it becomes more "serious" :)
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:13 pm

Hey guys! I had a rough weekend... Seeing the attacks in France was such a shock for me! I cried every time I saw images of the attacks.
I was able to reach for all my friends and they're all safe. My PhD supervisor lives on Voltaire bld, which is where the Bataclan is located. He replied to my email yesterday, telling me that he is doing okay. A professeur from my university (Bordeaux Montaigne) and a PhD student from the literature research team died during the attacks. I know it's probably selfish to think like that, but I'm happy that the people I know are safe. However, I feel sad for the families and friends who lost someone they loved. :(
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:46 pm

Karine wrote:Hey guys! I had a rough weekend... Seeing the attacks in France was such a shock for me! I cried every time I saw images of the attacks.
I was able to reach for all my friends and they're all safe. My PhD supervisor lives on Voltaire bld, which is where the Bataclan is located. He replied to my email yesterday, telling me that he is doing okay. A professeur from my university (Bordeaux Montaigne) and a PhD student from the literature research team died during the attacks. I know it's probably selfish to think like that, but I'm happy that the people I know are safe. However, I feel sad for the families and friends who lost someone they loved. :(
I thought about you after hearing about this awful tragedy, Karine. I know you lived in Paris for quite a while, and it must be horrifying to see these pictures and read these terrible stories, since you have friends there. These things seem so distant, but when you know someone who has experienced, or been involved, it makes it seem so terribly real. I'm glad most of your friends are safe, and I am sad for those who lost friends or families. If those who perpetrate such madness would seek kindness, instead of revenge, like the person who brings us together here does, the world would be a much better place. Unfortunately, things seem to get worse, with more and more madness pervading the world. So take hope for a better future. Be well.
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:08 pm

Islandflyer wrote:I thought about you after hearing about this awful tragedy, Karine. I know you lived in Paris for quite a while, and it must be horrifying to see these pictures and read these terrible stories, since you have friends there. These things seem so distant, but when you know someone who has experienced, or been involved, it makes it seem so terribly real. I'm glad most of your friends are safe, and I am sad for those who lost friends or families. If those who perpetrate such madness would seek kindness, instead of revenge, like the person who brings us together here does, the world would be a much better place. Unfortunately, things seem to get worse, with more and more madness pervading the world. So take hope for a better future. Be well.
Thanks Ed! Like I wrote you the other day, my friends are all safe.
I wish things would be as you said: people choosing love and peace instead of anger and revenge. I know, it's more complicated than that.
Maybe you saw that it went on today with another woman, a kamikaze, who killed herself this morning.
I hope things will be better in the next days.
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:58 pm

Hey guys! Christmas is almost here :)
It's weird, because I'm not really into the Holidays spirit this year, at least not yet. There's no snow and I have a lot of work to do, so I don't realize that Christmas is next week. I will spend the Holidays with my family, so as soon as the two final exams are done, I'll leave for Montréal. One of my friends asked me if I wanted to go on a short-holiday trip with her and I said yes. I hope it'll be fun!

Do you have any plans for the Holidays?
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:42 am

Hi Karine!

My city is not on Christmas spirit too, since our country's government is not going well (the president is passing through an impeachment). We are passing through a financial crisis and most of the people are not even adorning their houses, as uses to happen in the middle of November. Thank God my family is doing well about it, but most of our friends are unemployed.

I'm planning to spend the holidays with my family around the town, as we use to do.

(hahah good news: I'm writing this post from my computer on the company I work, they finally disabled that firewall rule that was blocking the Café!! :D 8-) )