random thoughts?

For all the random things in life
CarolCiola
Fallen

Re: random thoughts?

Post by CarolCiola » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:28 pm

:lol: I get it, Karine!
No, nothing is better than chocolate for me! This candy's flavour is green apple ^^

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:22 am

Listening to this again and again, at this rainy night.. and I blame Karine for this haha! Nice singer :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4DcmrlZjVE

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:39 am

CarolCiola wrote:Listening to this again and again, at this rainy night.. and I blame Karine for this haha! Nice singer :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4DcmrlZjVE
:lol: :lol: You can blame it on Sarah and "Building A Mystery" too ;)

I love David Usher and his duo with Coeur de pirate is nice!
From this album, "The Mile End Sessions", I really like "Fall To Pieces".
http://youtu.be/2JsPaNYVGVY

The name Mile End comes from an area of Montréal well-known because many artists live there. Pierre Marchand's studio was also in the Mile End before he moved it to the Petite Italie area.

David Usher became famous in Canada with the band Moist. It was in the same period than Sarah (Best New Group at the Junos in 1995) and they were also from Vancouver (even if David has been living in Montréal for many years now).
I prefer David Usher's softer solo material, but with Moist he sings good songs too.

Edit: David Usher worked with Amnesty International on this website: http://artistsforamnesty.com/
You can download for free some songs by Canadian artists. There's Coeur de Pirate, Sarah Slean, Royal Wood, Adam Cohen (Leonard Cohen's son), Nelly Furtado, Ian Kelly, etc.
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:31 pm

Thanks for the site tip, Karine!
My 2nd favorite song till now is "Fall To Pieces" :D I usually download discographies by torrent archives too, it's a quickly way to know all the artist work ;)

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:16 pm

CarolCiola wrote:Thanks for the site tip, Karine!
My 2nd favorite song till now is "Fall To Pieces" :D I usually download discographies by torrent archives too, it's a quickly way to know all the artist work ;)
I don't listen to a lot of male artists, mostly women, but David Usher is an exception! :D
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:44 am

*I woke up happy this morning. Had a sweet dream that Ellie and I were getting ready to be in the line in a whole sunny day to see Sarah's show at night, in Morumbi, a big stadium here in São Paulo (Ellie, you made a big trip and came to Brasil just to see her show! :mrgreen:). I never had seen so many Sarah's fans together in just one place!! There were people wearing some Gothic clothes, like Sarah did at Touch era (it was weird to see so many "old school" fans). I was happy and so exciting thinking "aw how cool is this! Ed will see her in July, then Karine in the Fall, and today it will be my and Ellie's turn! Everyone of us finally managed to buy tickets for the show!"

But then, I woke up and the reality was a little bit different.. :roll: well, who knows? Maybe one day I'll pick a ticket to see her around here.. just sharing with you guys, this really made my day ^^

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:25 pm

I really hope your dream will come true Carol! :)

I had two Sarah dreams lately. In the first one, I had found a new picture for the release of Shine On: on it, Sarah had long hair and she was wearing a fur coat :D
About the 2nd dream: I don't know if it's because Sarah was at the hockey game just like Tegan and Sara and because they will both perform again at the Junos... but I dreamt that on Shine On, Sarah sings a cover of "I'm Not Your Hero" by T&S.
At least I don't dream about my thesis, so it's okay! 8-)
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:37 am

CarolCiola wrote:*I woke up happy this morning. Had a sweet dream that Ellie and I were getting ready to be in the line in a whole sunny day to see Sarah's show at night, in Morumbi, a big stadium here in São Paulo (Ellie, you made a big trip and came to Brasil just to see her show! :mrgreen:). I never had seen so many Sarah's fans together in just one place!! There were people wearing some Gothic clothes, like Sarah did at Touch era (it was weird to see so many "old school" fans). I was happy and so exciting thinking "aw how cool is this! Ed will see her in July, then Karine in the Fall, and today it will be my and Ellie's turn! Everyone of us finally managed to buy tickets for the show!"

But then, I woke up and the reality was a little bit different.. :roll: well, who knows? Maybe one day I'll pick a ticket to see her around here.. just sharing with you guys, this really made my day ^^
It's not just a dream, Carol. It happened! In a "parallel universe". ;) I think we go there in dreams, and sometimes we get to peak through the window, when we can remember the dream. You and Ellie were wearing your fansite shirts, and Sarah noticed and had a picture of you three together on her FB page! I saw it! :lol: (the internet works differently there, so I can't get it on this side.... :roll: )

Keep dreaming. Someday it will be true. :)
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:54 am

Hey guys!
I'll leave Paris tomorrow to spend a few days in Bordeaux. I have things to check for the thesis registration and defense and I'll take time to see my friends. :)

I have one month to finish the writing (two chapters!) and the deadline for the final registration is May 28th, so these days are like a sprint! :roll:

I can't wait for the exciting Sarah news of next week. What do you think it'll be? Sarah will sing at the Junos tomorrow, so I suppose it's something related to that. Maybe we'll get to hear the first official single, probably Beautiful Girl. Many artists put out their first single a month before the release of the album, so that would make sense.
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:40 am

Hey Karine! Hope you do a nice trip and have a good time with your friends ^^

Everything will go fine with your work, you'll see ;)

Time is ticking fast, it's almost April, just one month to Shine On release :D
I remember of configuring my website's counter to may/06 and select three months to the date, and think "oh, it's still three months away.."

I'm looking for a streaming to watch the JUNO... does anybody knows about some link?