Shine On tour dates

Check here for concert reviews and tour info
Karine
A change is coming

Re: Shine On tour dates

Post by Karine » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:36 pm

My question:
Hello Team SM! Can you explain the difference between buying VIP ticket from "Adventures in Wonderland" and from "Tickets for Charity"?

The answer:
They are similar, adventures in wonderland will be available on that city's presale. It is not announced yet when tickets for charity will be available. Each will include a great seat and a meet and greet with Sarah

So, if I understand correctly, the "Adventures in Wonderland" sale is like a presale... and the "Tickets for Charity" will be available later, as a regular sale of VIP tickets.
Karine

HamsterP

Post by HamsterP » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:47 pm

It is happening.
IT IS HAPPENING!!!! :D

I will follow with interest and enthusiasm the evolution of the US tour, hoping they'll decide to do an EU (Italy included) Winter leg.
That "meet and greet" option is making me already drool even thou, hey, 250 $ are 250 $. O__O
Last edited by HamsterP on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:03 pm

HamsterP wrote:It is happening.
IT IS HAPPENING!!!! :D

I will follow with interest and enthusiasm the evolution of the US tour, hoping they'll decide to do an EU (Italy included) Winter leg.
That "meet and greet" option is making me already drool even thou, hey, 250 $ are 250 $. O__O
Yeah!!!!!!! :lol:
Yes, it's quite a lot of money! ;)
Karine

HamsterP

Post by HamsterP » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:07 pm

Karine wrote:
HamsterP wrote: That "meet and greet" option is making me already drool even thou, hey, 250 $ are 250 $. O__O
Yeah!!!!!!! :lol:
Yes, it's quite a lot of money! ;)
Let me add I really don't know what to think about VIP tickets.
I do love to think there's an easy way to meet your idol, but I fear the risk all the event turns out in a mere material think: shake-hands-take-photo-next-please.
Don't know how Sarah approaces this thing. I know some (too many) artist have turned the "meet & greet" experience in a sort of fan-money-extortion-thing.
Just wondering...

earl

Post by earl » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:32 pm

Karine wrote:Am I the only one who think that when Sarah wrote that she received 14,166 cities requests, she was talking about the whole world?

This website seems to think that the USA are the center of the world... Ils sont drôles ces Américains! :D ;)
http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2014/03 ... our_4.html
Sarah McLachlan says she received 14,166 suggestions of cities she should visit on her U.S. tour over the last few months and has selected 29 cities in 19 states to comprise her 2014 tour.
From a touring artist's perspective, the US is the center of the world, because that's where the money is. Had it been a financially viable option, back in 2010-2011, it's reasonable to assume Sarah would've toured outside of North America and those couple weeks in Australia. If a concert promoter isn't willing to meet an artist's guarantee, the artist either lowers their guarantee or stays home. As much as we all like to think otherwise, touring is a business. Hopefully, this time around, things have improved to a point where Sarah can visit some places that have been neglected in recent years.

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:01 am

earl wrote:From a touring artist's perspective, the US is the center of the world, because that's where the money is. Had it been a financially viable option, back in 2010-2011, it's reasonable to assume Sarah would've toured outside of North America and those couple weeks in Australia. If a concert promoter isn't willing to meet an artist's guarantee, the artist either lowers their guarantee or stays home. As much as we all like to think otherwise, touring is a business. Hopefully, this time around, things have improved to a point where Sarah can visit some places that have been neglected in recent years.
I know that Earl, I just think it was funny because the person who wrote the article changed the meaning of Sarah's quote. She didn't mention that the requests came from only US fans.
In a tweet posted in 2013, she wrote that London (UK) was the most requested city. I don't know if it changed through the months, but the person who wrote this article added a new meaning to her statement that wasn't there at the beginning.

About the VIP package: I don't know either if I would pay for it. I'll probably go with my sister and for the two of us, it would cost 500$ for the evening. That's a lot! I'll have to talk about it with her and the dates for Canada are not announced yet!
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:56 am

So is the VIP-only Meet and Greet a new thing? Or has she done this before? I've seen pictures of her signing autographs; did that mean those people had to pay a couple hundred each for the privilege? I haven't seen an artist at her level of popularity in many years, so I'm kind of surprised? :?
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:32 am

Islandflyer wrote:So is the VIP-only Meet and Greet a new thing? Or has she done this before? I've seen pictures of her signing autographs; did that mean those people had to pay a couple hundred each for the privilege? I haven't seen an artist at her level of popularity in many years, so I'm kind of surprised? :?
It's not the first time because for Lilith Fair, there were also Meet and Greet packages. (I can't remember for the other tours).

I know other Canadian artists who are popular (no, I'm not talking about Justin Bieber!) and their VIP tickets are sold out within 1 hour, maximum. If you are interested by these tickets, you have to be ready on the morning they get available.
If Team Sarah offer something like 30-40 VIP tickets per venue, you can imagine that it's a matter of time before they all disappear.
Karine

earl

Post by earl » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:25 pm

Islandflyer wrote:So is the VIP-only Meet and Greet a new thing? Or has she done this before? I've seen pictures of her signing autographs; did that mean those people had to pay a couple hundred each for the privilege? I haven't seen an artist at her level of popularity in many years, so I'm kind of surprised? :?
They had them in 2010 for Lilith for $750 ticket, which came with a front row seat and a meet and greet. There was no announced charity component for that, so it seemed to me like a cash grab. In 2012, they had them for the symphony tour, as well as Voices in the Park. Those were around $400/ticket and the proceeds went to Sarah's school.

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:03 am

Karine