NEW ALBUM NEXT YEAR??

Talk about Sarah's music
Magellan
Touched

Re: NEW ALBUM NEXT YEAR??

Post by Magellan » Mon May 02, 2011 12:42 pm

Interesting to see that pretty much all of you have taken this news as good news, and suggested you were tired of her old sound...or at least, the sound of LOI....

I didn't think LOI was that great or anything, but I'm not at all tired of Sarah's "sound", per se...

I firmly believe that any problem with LOI is down to some of the songs being a bit too simple and boring. A bit too upbeat even, when everyone knows that Sarah's best work is her most miserable, depressing, suicidal stuff :D

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon May 02, 2011 3:42 pm

Magellan wrote:Interesting to see that pretty much all of you have taken this news as good news, and suggested you were tired of her old sound...or at least, the sound of LOI....

I didn't think LOI was that great or anything, but I'm not at all tired of Sarah's "sound", per se...

I firmly believe that any problem with LOI is down to some of the songs being a bit too simple and boring. A bit too upbeat even, when everyone knows that Sarah's best work is her most miserable, depressing, suicidal stuff :D
I'm not tired of her sound, but she has a great musical potential and I think she doesn't use it completely. She could at least try to work with a new producer and if it doesn't work, then she could get back with Pierre.
Karine

chadwick
Touched

Post by chadwick » Mon May 02, 2011 4:30 pm

an album to be released next year... i'm intrigued... let's hope she sticks with that! :shock:

good for sarah for moving forward in a positive way. i liked pierre but it will be good for her to get other production ideas to change things up... she can always have co-producers... regina spektor did this with her last album (far) and it was interesting to hear the different musical styles of the songs... made it seem like a multi-act play of sounds!

being that the tour was scaled down, i really hope there is a live CD/DVD release sometime in the near future! did anyone recall a show being recorded for DVD or audio?
fumbling...

Stormhaven
Building A Mystery

Post by Stormhaven » Mon May 02, 2011 8:51 pm

chadwick wrote:being that the tour was scaled down, i really hope there is a live CD/DVD release sometime in the near future! did anyone recall a show being recorded for DVD or audio?
There's a ton of talk about the recordings on the Sarah and Friends tour thread. Short version is that yes, multiple shows were recorded for audio. Video, I'm not 100% sure about.

Debdixon

Post by Debdixon » Tue May 03, 2011 2:21 am

I really hope Sarah puts out something new and tours behind it. I am shocked to hear that she will not be working with Pierre this time around. When you try and recreate a former hit album like FTE, it will fail. Sarah does not need to write it. I am looking forward to hearing it, if and when she releases it.
Deb aka ecstasythrumusic

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Tue May 03, 2011 8:55 am

So soon eh? *nonplussed*

I'm excited to hear something "new" from Sarah, not a rehash of Afterglow and LOI, not even something akin to FTE, Solace, or Touch. I have high expectations for this one. Something she has never done before.

TheSquirrel wrote:I'm like an addict - give me one more, just one more, just one more great album, just one more, then I'll quit.
For real? :P
I'm not really sure but I sincerely hope giving up on Sarah is plenty of light years away for me. Looking back more than a decade ago, I still remember how ecstatic I was when I discovered Sarah that the mere thought of losing interest in her music fills me with horror. All I know is that there's no way in hell I'm gonna give up on Sarah anytime soon since the moment that happens then I'll be stuck on a regular diet of decades-old music and showtunes lol.
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Magellan
Touched

Post by Magellan » Tue May 03, 2011 11:26 am

Be careful what you wish for... if Sarah goes and does something radical, that might mean she creates:

- An album of showtunes
- A rap album full of tracks called "XXXXX feat. Lil <somebody>"
- An album of lullabies for babies, on the Fisher Price label
- Or the quintessential "I've run out of ideas!" album: an orchestral rework of old material.

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Tue May 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Magellan wrote:Be careful what you wish for... if Sarah goes and does something radical, that might mean she creates:

- An album of showtunes
- A rap album full of tracks called "XXXXX feat. Lil <somebody>"
- An album of lullabies for babies, on the Fisher Price label
- Or the quintessential "I've run out of ideas!" album: an orchestral rework of old material.
Agreed, but I would rather she do something like a rap album which I would hate, than do another samey old thing with the same sound and same production. At least that way I can save money, by not buying it. I know I'll hate it. I don't want something like LOI where you can almost feel how good she was and how good she can be, but just can't get there any more.

Sadly I am excited about the change of producer. The suggested collaboration by Kaleysuncle could be correct too, and may be a good thing. Sometimes artists can make sparks fly off one another when their own ideas are dried up and they are left with going over old rehashed themes and ideas. Sometimes a change of people and scenery can ignite that creative spark. That's why in the end I didn't like LOI. It had no creative spark, no life, just a feel of an outtakes album from an artist who had run out of ideas, and was doing it just to put some product on the market.

It would also be good to see her back as a genuine working musician, out on the road like KT Tunstall. Just with a band and no multi million 10 truckloads of accesssories which includes the contents of half of f***ing Dunsinane Wood, just to play a concert. I would love to see her go back to being a working musician, this time without being worked into the ground.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

sarahfan4life

Post by sarahfan4life » Tue May 03, 2011 8:05 pm

seriously??? we are talking about the idea of sarah recording a new album but instead its' i hate laws of illusion' fest. the album was not perfect at the same time sarah is not perfect as well, she is human i sometimes wonder if people think she is some kind of robot that can easily conjure up an album or go on tour at will. when was the last time we heard sarah releasing back to back studio albums.i am happy that she is embracing change and look foward to what future offerings she brings cuz i am not tired of her music.
a line is drawn and lives are torn apart the wounds too hard to heal.

Sweetfear
Building A Mystery

Post by Sweetfear » Wed May 04, 2011 1:23 am

Although i still havent get used to the whole "LOI" idea as i have been listening to the other cds for one too many years , i am really glad that she will realising a new album. I am not quite sure if its going to be next year though. We all know how Sarah likes to take her time. We might get a single or something but definitely not an album - SHE BETTER PROVE ME WRONG :lol: - Apart from that i think that it is wonderful that she will not be working with Pierre anymore. I was discussing with a friend yesterday how Sarah always sounds so polished , clean and well in some cases dull compared to her live performances with the exceptions of Dear God and anything before FTE .

A new direction and edge , that's what she needs ! I hope she won't go indie and all acoustic either. Songs on the tone of her recent Awakenings track would be great. Either way i hope that she will make the most of it and give us an album worth waiting for.
Tangled up in our embrace
There's nothing I'd like better than to fall