Fumbling

Re: random thoughts?

Post by jessiemonkey » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:37 pm

i cant wait until christmas!!

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:35 am

Christmas is beautiful in the New England States. I was in Newport Vermont once at that time of year and so peaceful is the period and the people are just wonderful to talk to. I hope in this day, nothing has changed. Has anyone been around Vermont lately.

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:19 pm

I am awesome and so are you! ;-)

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:06 am

Yes you are, Ben! :) We all are! :D

About Christmas... I like that period of time, but as I am far from home, it's a little bit difficult to be alone. It'll be my 3rd Christmas in France, without my mother, brother and sister. Last year, I met a Canadien girl who was living in the same building then me and we had dinner together for Christmas and New Year's Eve. My boyfriend is in country, Uzbekistan, so I don't know if i'll have company for the Holidays. Maybe I'll cook myself a good meal and, thanks to Skype, I'll chat with my family! :)
Karine

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:04 am

@karine- aww, hopefully aound your area the christmas spirit will be bright and alive! the skype will be fun to see your family! :D

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:35 am

I hope so! Skype is great to stay in touch with my family, especially for the Holidays. I won't be really alone if I talk with them, I'm sure there are people who will feel loneliness much more then me!
Karine

RiverOfLove
Fallen

Post by RiverOfLove » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:31 pm

Just ordered two t shirts from the Sarah McLachlan store. I wish she had more of a selection, but I'm happy with what I got. :)

Also, sort of freaking out over having to give my first speech in public speaking class on Monday. :oops: I am very shy, and have an anxiety disorder, so I can't imagine having to get up in front of everybody and talk for 5 mins. I don't even know yet what I'm going to talk about.

That being said, classes are going well so far this term (I started on Wednesday.) Yoga class is so relaxing. I can see why Sarah mentioned yoga during the questions & answers part of her Cincinnati show, it is a great way to unwind and find yourself. :)

Times seen Sarah Live:
November 10th, 2010, Taft Theater, Cincinnati OH
July 11th, 2014, PNC Pavillion, Cincinnati OH

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:32 pm

RiverOfLove wrote: Also, sort of freaking out over having to give my first speech in public speaking class on Monday. :oops: I am very shy, and have an anxiety disorder, so I can't imagine having to get up in front of everybody and talk for 5 mins. I don't even know yet what I'm going to talk about.
Good luck! :-) Talking in front of large groups of people is always scarey for most people but I'm sure you will do fine!

RiverOfLove
Fallen

Post by RiverOfLove » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:54 am

Crazylitstudent wrote:
RiverOfLove wrote: Also, sort of freaking out over having to give my first speech in public speaking class on Monday. :oops: I am very shy, and have an anxiety disorder, so I can't imagine having to get up in front of everybody and talk for 5 mins. I don't even know yet what I'm going to talk about.
Good luck! :-) Talking in front of large groups of people is always scarey for most people but I'm sure you will do fine!
Thanks for that. :D

Listening to a Pat Benatar vinyl I inherited from my mom. I really love her voice and songs on this album.

Times seen Sarah Live:
November 10th, 2010, Taft Theater, Cincinnati OH
July 11th, 2014, PNC Pavillion, Cincinnati OH

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:18 am

I didn't know where to post this...

I'm teaching a course on medieval literature related to the Holy Grail at my university in Bordeaux. On the last day, I will talk about contemporary interpretations of arthurian romances and I want to show some videos to my students. One of them is taken from Indiana Jones (so funny, when the guy drinks the water from the "wrong grail" and dies... I'm always laughing) and the other is taken from a French tv show, Kaamelot.
I found the video I want to show them, but I don't know how to rip if from the web. It was okay for the clip of Indiana Jones, but nothing's working for the episode of Kaamelot. :cry:

Is there someone here who's able to rip that video for me? Here's the link:
http://www.turbo.fr/video-du-web/kaamel ... fteL0.html
(there's text that will appear and block the page; don't enter your email address, choose the second yellow option: "Ouvrir le site OZAP : Buzz & Actu TV et accéder à la vidéo ", then just close the window that will open... it's not a trap!)

Thanks a lot! Karine
Karine