Album Samples

Jessel
Fumbling

Re: Album Samples

Post by Jessel » Sun May 23, 2010 4:46 am

Thanks! Listening... ;)
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Magellan
Touched

Post by Magellan » Sun May 23, 2010 6:16 am

I remember doing this (listening to samples) back in 1997 before Surfacing was released. Except back then it was on Sarah's nice old website, and I think the audio player was "Liquid Audio"...but, I digress...(into internet nerdiness)

My favourite out of these samples is Love Come. I assume this will be the second single? Seeing as it has 2 versions on the album. I definitely need some more produced Sarah songs, to balance out all the slow piano acoustic ballads.

Rob.

OzFumbler

Post by OzFumbler » Sun May 23, 2010 7:34 am

Just heard the samples - sounds fantastic to me!!
Matt Chamberlain's drumming is the first thing I noticed about the difference in sound from Afterglow - it feels
looser - more organic - it gives the music that extra something for sure!

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Sun May 23, 2010 7:55 am

Thank you Miguel.

I will have to listen to the full songs before I can make up my mind how awesome the album is. But these little samples have made me extremely excited!! <3

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Sun May 23, 2010 9:23 am

Awakenings & Rivers of Love are standouts imo. My least favorite ones are Changes, Forgiveness, & Heartbreak. They all sound quite bland based on the samples I heard, but they may eventually grow on me when I hear the full tracks. It's too early to be critical about the new songs at this stage anyway. Suffice to say that my favorite track at the moment is Loving You Is Easy. ;)

I really like Bring On The Wonder (despite the fact that its the most depressing tune in the new CD) and I'm quite disappointed to know that this is a cover. I don't know Susan Enan at all and I'm sure this is the first time I heard this since I have no recollection of ever watching a single episode of Bones.
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun May 23, 2010 12:58 pm

I can't choose! They all sound great, it's so hard to wait until June! :D
Thank you very, very much Miguel!
Karine

Danyy
Full Of Grace

Post by Danyy » Sun May 23, 2010 1:42 pm

OMG!!! Thank you so much for sharing Miguel :D
I know I can't judge the songs just by their titles, but I already "made friends" with some of them :P
Illusions Of Bliss seems to be living up to its amazing name, Rivers Of Love sounds amazing in my opinion, as well as Love Come, I specially love the piano version of this one, I'm also liking Hearbreak and I'm absolutely in love with the bit of Bring On The Wonder, I already loved the original by Susan Enan, but a Sarah version <3
I agree that Changes sounds like an upbeat song of Drifting, which is not a bad thing ;)
Carla

Signature and avatar by Ellen

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Sun May 23, 2010 4:02 pm

thanks miguel!

so far i like love come, heartbreak, and rivers of love! i cant wait to hear the full songs!! :)

Mallory

Post by Mallory » Sun May 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Loving the samples! I don't know if I'll be able to form opinions based on the samples, but they're making me even more excited about the album!

Mallory

Post by Mallory » Sun May 23, 2010 4:23 pm

I also noticed that the Amazon page says, "Original Release Date: June 11, 2010." I wonder how accurate that is. Amazon occasionally releases MP3 albums early, but four days early seems unusual.