random thoughts?

For all the random things in life
Karine
A change is coming

Re: random thoughts?

Post by Karine » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:10 pm

I feel better now: my supervisor agreed for an extension! :D I will meet him Wednesday and we will talk about the pages I sent him. I'm also leaving Bordeaux next week to work at the Bibliothèque nationale de France in Paris for the rest of the summer. I'll be back in September. I know that I'm going there to work on my dissertation, but it'll be a fun trip anyway: taking the train, sleeping somewhere else,... I can't wait!
I hope it will help me to stay focus on my thesis, because when I'm in Bordeaux, I have friends who involuntary disturb me (Do you want to see a movie with me? Hey, I'm going to the beach, do you want to come?) :?
Karine

hanzo

Post by hanzo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:43 pm

Karine wrote:I feel better now: my supervisor agreed for an extension! :D I will meet him Wednesday and we will talk about the pages I sent him. I'm also leaving Bordeaux next week to work at the Bibliothèque nationale de France in Paris for the rest of the summer. I'll be back in September. I know that I'm going there to work on my dissertation, but it'll be a fun trip anyway: taking the train, sleeping somewhere else,... I can't wait!
I hope it will help me to stay focus on my thesis, because when I'm in Bordeaux, I have friends who involuntary disturb me (Do you want to see a movie with me? Hey, I'm going to the beach, do you want to come?) :?
congrats and good luck! btw, u should never turn down an invitation to the beach ;)

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:49 am

hanzo wrote:
Karine wrote:I feel better now: my supervisor agreed for an extension! :D I will meet him Wednesday and we will talk about the pages I sent him. I'm also leaving Bordeaux next week to work at the Bibliothèque nationale de France in Paris for the rest of the summer. I'll be back in September. I know that I'm going there to work on my dissertation, but it'll be a fun trip anyway: taking the train, sleeping somewhere else,... I can't wait!
congrats and good luck! btw, u should never turn down an invitation to the beach ;)
In fact, I don't really enjoy going to the beach. It's too hot and my white skin burns fast (even with sunscreen)... :D To know that my friends are having fun together while I have to work is more frustrating!
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi all! I'm in Paris now, I arrived last week. I was able to get a researcher pass at the National Library (Bibliothèque nationale de France) and now I can work intensively. My room is correct, but more expensive than my room in Bordeaux. I will go to the library 6 days per week (Monday to Saturday) and save the last day (on Sunday the library is closed) to visit the city and just relax. :)
Karine

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:35 pm

Lucky you to be in Paris. The city of Love and Adventure, as they say. Enjoy yourself even if you have to work hard as only then, do the rewards seem better. From Quebec, I wish you well et lache pas, Karine. :D :D

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:02 pm

Empirejim wrote:Lucky you to be in Paris. The city of Love and Adventure, as they say. Enjoy yourself even if you have to work hard as only then, do the rewards seem better. From Quebec, I wish you well et lache pas, Karine. :D :D
C'est gentil, merci! :D
I read on the website of the Université de Montréal that: "Plus l'objectif fixé est perçu comme difficile, plus le sentiment d'accomplissement ressenti lors de la réussite est intense."
My goal (to get my PhD) is a tough one, so at the end, I will feel a very high sense of fullfilment! :)
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:18 pm

Hey all! I'm still in Paris, working at the National Library. It's a little bit tough, because in Bordeaux I was not working on Saturday and Sunday (now, it's 6 days per week). At least I know it the last year: it's hard to believe that if I succeed, I will be a postgraduate student. What are you doing this month? Any trip or vacations?
Karine

hanzo

Post by hanzo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:03 am

Karine wrote:Hey all! I'm still in Paris, working at the National Library. It's a little bit tough, because in Bordeaux I was not working on Saturday and Sunday (now, it's 6 days per week). At least I know it the last year: it's hard to believe that if I succeed, I will be a postgraduate student. What are you doing this month? Any trip or vacations?
nice! ill be goin to the beach in a couple weeks, i love to bodyboard!

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:34 am

hanzo wrote:
Karine wrote:Hey all! I'm still in Paris, working at the National Library. It's a little bit tough, because in Bordeaux I was not working on Saturday and Sunday (now, it's 6 days per week). At least I know it the last year: it's hard to believe that if I succeed, I will be a postgraduate student. What are you doing this month? Any trip or vacations?
nice! ill be goin to the beach in a couple weeks, i love to bodyboard!
Great! I hope you will enjoy your holidays!

Bordeaux, where I usually live, is closed to the ocean, but there's not enough waves to do bodyboard or surf. People travel to Biarritz for that.
(I'm not sure: should I write "there is not enough waves" or "there are not enough waves"... or something else?)
Karine

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:31 pm

You write the way you want to and don't change that. It's called being yourself with no regrets. We are all of the individual nature with our own particular signature. We are unique and in our own zone, so to speak. That is how we achieve our respect and stand out. Vacation next week for me and thinking about doing some kayak over in Halifax. It is not written in cement so, things could change by then. However, I will go with how I feel at the time and enjoy. That my friend, is called VACATION. I would like to wish you well Karine, and enjoy what you have. That, is called PRECIOUS. Enjoy your summer. :D