Sarah-Reaching out to us

Discuss here any general things concerning Sarah
Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Re: Sarah-Reaching out to us

Post by Crazylitstudent » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:47 am

It was 2003 and a friend recommend I listened to Possession and I really liked it so I went out and bought FTE. But it wasn't until the summer of that year that I really fell in love with her music when I was going though a really bad period of depression and Elsewhere helped comfort me...

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Tue May 25, 2010 11:34 am

Once again, Sarah reaches out to us. In her own way, she sets us off on a road to self-examination and questions asked and answered. We speculate and annalize the if's and the possibilities. That is how we come together as a clan so to speak. We are Sarah's world and with every new song that she makes, whether now or in seven years, we tend to be there to talk about her work, her craft, her life. She tends to keep us on our seats, waiting for that moment when, we let go with all our innerspection and critic, and our voices are her sounding board, to let her know that her fans are there in abundance. She has us in her spell. Oh but such a nice spell it is. I can only conclude the fact that without Sarah in our lives, we would be less of a topic, and just the ordinary joe of nine to five or day to day exsistence. So we must take our hats off to her, thank her for who she is and why she is always there for her fans. A beautiful woman with a beautiful heart and that voice of an Angel. :D :D

biancadantas
Lost

Post by biancadantas » Tue May 25, 2010 2:10 pm

Empirejim wrote:Once again, Sarah reaches out to us. In her own way, she sets us off on a road to self-examination and questions asked and answered. We speculate and annalize the if's and the possibilities. That is how we come together as a clan so to speak. We are Sarah's world and with every new song that she makes, whether now or in seven years, we tend to be there to talk about her work, her craft, her life. She tends to keep us on our seats, waiting for that moment when, we let go with all our innerspection and critic, and our voices are her sounding board, to let her know that her fans are there in abundance. She has us in her spell. Oh but such a nice spell it is. I can only conclude the fact that without Sarah in our lives, we would be less of a topic, and just the ordinary joe of nine to five or day to day exsistence. So we must take our hats off to her, thank her for who she is and why she is always there for her fans. A beautiful woman with a beautiful heart and that voice of an Angel. :D :D
I can't agree more! Sarah really takes a special place in my life and with her songs and good example make my life really better. I truly need to thank her! :D
'Cause I can't be the one you wanted me to be....'
Signature by Ellen

taslokolobo

Post by taslokolobo » Tue May 25, 2010 4:36 pm

Ok I am not very keen on posting on forums because i am too lazy jaja but the occasion deserves it since I became a Sarah fan after two attempts :P I first listened to FALLEN bach in 2002 and I just loved it...I heard Afterglow and i decided that I would become a fan but after reaching for old songs from her...the first one I encountered ( I dont remember the name now auch!) it sounded like a church and monks chants at the background. I was frightened jajaj and i gave up. Months later I watch on youtube Sweet surrender and Building a mystery and OMG! I couldnt believe I hadnt heard such songs before! So I realized she had nice songs before Afterglow and then I listenened to all her old songs and I even bought the AFTERGLOW LIVE album! And here I am...looking forward to hearing what it is going to be the album of the year :)

P.D. I hope Sarah comes to London (at least, since I am from south Spain and I dont think she comes over here) because I'll be on the first row! :)

MonicaGeller

Post by MonicaGeller » Tue May 25, 2010 7:03 pm

taslokolobo, de dónde ereeeees???
Where are you from??

taslokolobo

Post by taslokolobo » Tue May 25, 2010 9:19 pm

I am from Sevilla, Spain and you geller?

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:15 am

I made a posting earlier above and now I tend to think if I made it too fast. Alot has happened since that post leading me to believe and wonder of her direction and loyalty towards her fans. Big Business seems to be the theme these days with us, the fans, on the down part of the big picture. I really do enjoy Sarah and what she is about but I ask myself to what cost. I have been hit two times with the cancellation thing and my patience is gone to the point of passing on the shows. I really looked forward to it but....So where does Sarah play into this picture of management and organization.Do not tell me that she is unaware of all the difficulties with the shows and why has she not decided to take action. Perhaps the answer is not at her level and other forces are of the dominent nature. Will all the shows continue or will there be another Big Hurt for others to endure. As a member of this fan club, I truly hope that others WILL get the chance to see Sarah and have a good time. With that, God bless.

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:36 am

Sarah has touched all of us in different ways. We know this and have stated such. We seem to have a liking for her music uncommon to that of others. All, a good thing. We have our best album, that which brought back the most vivid memories and times when we were in turmoil or in a pleasant state of mind. Is it right to say that we owe Sarah for what she has done for us. I owe her for the time spent enjoying what she gave me, a moment or moments of bliss. for a man, that is a big word believe me. however, truth is what we are about and how we say it, right. I am just curious as to another issue here. We all like her music but, is there one album or CD as we call them now, that you didn't like alot. In all her good music, which is the lesser liked by you. Even if you liked them all, the lesser of all of them. My favorite is and will always be FTE and should I have to pick a lesser than Bloom, would be it. I guess I am not the disco type guy and remixes with the big boom sound does not do it for me. It would be interesting to hear what you all have on your side.

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:09 am

Empirejim wrote:We all like her music but, is there one album or CD as we call them now, that you didn't like alot.
Afterglow (though I might revisit that album 10 years from now lol!), the GH collection (a.k.a. Closer), and all those wacky remixes.
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...